PDA

View Full Version : HELP on NEoGEO BIOS.. PLS..

nowelskeee
August 29th, 2006, 16:33
a MAME rom,
and universal bios... is this all i need to make NEO GEO working?

nowelskeee
August 29th, 2006, 17:10
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i have the

-uni-bios.rom (placed it in roms folder)
-a mvsc.zip file (now what will i do with it?)

i realy dont know how to make this work... pls help... tnx..

donne
August 30th, 2006, 01:06
If you're using NJ's Neogeo emulator then all you need is neogeo bio.. It's a zip named neogeo.zip apprx 55kb consisted of 4 files..

If you want to play mvsc, I suggest use the CPS2 emulator. I'd never tried mame, though..

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 04:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okok.. tnx...
i made the bios work by the neogeo.zip file and included the uni-bios.

from what i have seen from other forums, i get the roms on *******.net then il go to the mame section not on the neogeo section....? which rom will i use and how will i know its compatible with the nj? im sory for asking such questions but im really a noob. tnx..

donne
August 30th, 2006, 06:11
there are sites that featured neo-geo specific games (NJ's emu compatible). But I think it's also compatible with (PC) Mame32 emu. I don't know wheter PSP Mame emu worked with those files. It's also goes with Mvsc that worked with Mame32.

Perhaps, you can try to convert the file using NJ's Neo-geo ROM converter.. If it worked, then it works. Please pay attention also with the Rom names. NJ uses spesific file-naming as in the rominfo.dat and zipname.dat you can found in the ngepsp folder (convert or read as text to read it).

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 15:51
okok... so this is what im gona do, i download a rom, (e.g mslug) in which section? mame or neogeo?

*im gona download the rom on the famous r**h******.net

tnx..

nowelskeee
August 30th, 2006, 16:35
now a new problem...

when i convert mslug.zip, i get error,

ERROR: could not load sprite rom <c rom>

what is that and what am i gona do to make this work?

Dunpeal1978
September 5th, 2006, 18:56
Did you download the MAME version or the NEOGEO version? I found that I could only play NEOGEO games on my NEOGEO emulator if I downloaded the MAME version and then converted it ,and put the decrypted files in cache as well as the original in the rom section along with a NEOGEO bios rom.