PDA

View Full Version : Grand Theft Auto set to hit PSP near US, European launch !

wraggster
January 10th, 2005, 10:38
Rockstar Games has confirmed that its massively popular Grand Theft Auto franchise is on the way to the PlayStation Portable, with a new game set in Liberty City set to arrive on the platform near its western launch this Spring.[br][br]Both the new Grand Theft Auto title and a version of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition are being developed for the system by Rockstar Leeds in collaboration with Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego respectively.[br][br]"Bringing two of our most successful game franchises to this thrilling new platform not only gives us an opportunity to create a new dimension for these already extraordinary series but also allows us to begin to explore the full potential of the PSP handheld system," commented Rockstar president Sam Houser.[br][br]"Sony's extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld machine than we could have ever imagined," he continued. "We are very excited for gamers to experience these two genre-defining franchises in a fashion that could have never before been possible on a portable system."[br][br]While the PSP version of Grand Theft Auto will not be developed by franchise creators Rockstar North, the company is determined not to allow the quality of its flagship series slip, according to Rockstar Leeds president Gordon Hall.[br][br]"We are working very closely with Rockstar North and Rockstar San Diego to ensure that both Grand Theft Auto and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition remain faithful to the initial vision of these respective franchises," he commented today.[br][br]One aspect of the Grand Theft Auto title for the PSP which will be watched carefully by other developers is how the game will handle the streaming of content from disc - something which the GTA titles on PS2 have relied heavily upon to create their seamless environments, but which runs the risk of crippling the battery life of a handheld device.

Dante18
January 10th, 2005, 14:40
My dream came true... ;D

MetaFox
January 10th, 2005, 14:43
meh.

It was fun for the first few games. Now it's just tedious. The missions are same old thing over and over and over.

And the "side games" don't interest me. I'm not swayed by fluff.

josephiles
January 11th, 2005, 06:29
OMG! I love you sony! And rock star. And every one else

Zaneblade
January 11th, 2005, 09:32
Now it's just tedious. *The missions are same old thing over and over and over.

did you play SA??? i agree that vice city was abit stupid with all the missions telling you to go some were then kill some1 but SA was different! all the missions were varied and different!

MetaFox
January 11th, 2005, 10:43
did you play SAVice City was a major letdown, and I hate gangsta rap, so I stayed away from San Andreas.

All I heard about SA was that it had a lot of missions and tons of mini games.

I never play the mini games in the GTA series, and a lot of missions red flagged in my mind as repetitive crap like Vice City.

If it really is as varied as you say it is, I might have to change my mind and give it a go.

I'll just remember to play it with the music off. :P

Darksaviour69
January 11th, 2005, 10:48
if you wait for the xbox version in the summer, you can put your own music into the gam ;)

josephiles
January 12th, 2005, 01:15
Put some classical on there if you want? ::)

*Runs away from loads of angry people*

Zaneblade
January 13th, 2005, 15:19
Vice City was a major letdown, and I hate gangsta rap, so I stayed away from San Andreas.

All I heard about SA was that it had a lot of missions and tons of mini games.

I never play the mini games in the GTA series, and a lot of missions red flagged in my mind as repetitive crap like Vice City.

If it really is as varied as you say it is, I might have to change my mind and give it a go.

I'll just remember to play it with the music off. :P

there is only 2 radio stations that are rap! there is a country music 1 which is funny and many others!!

yea i promise the game has loads of different varied missions and when you get the parashoot for the first time it is amazing!!

get the game! i agree VC was a let down but if you dont like SA then i will eat my hat

Dante18
January 13th, 2005, 17:57
i played the game on my PS2, the game is also much longer and five time bigger than vice city... :D