PDA

View Full Version : Questions about supercard lite

dkjr83
August 30th, 2006, 11:51
Okay, to this point I have been one of the M3 faithful, but because of its save features and backloading micro sd, I am seriously considering the supercard lite now.

The only things stopping me from getting one are the following questions;

with the right card, is the GBA compatability really THAT bad? And do games simply not work or do they just run slower (I can handle some slowdown).

Do the following emus and homebrew work as well onthe super card as the M3?:

Picodriveds
at least some nes emulator
dsorganize
moonshell
dsaim

Does the micro sd card really "fall out" or fit loosely in the supercard?

IF the answer to these questions are generally positive, I might just be getting a sueprcard lite and SanDisk Ultra II 2GB microSD later today.

Thanks for the responses.

miner2049er
August 30th, 2006, 12:28
All the homebrew you listed works great and it has PocketNES built in.

Some GBA games have slow down, others work fine.

Worst affected are Yoshis Island and Mario Kart Super Circuit.

The only ones I know that definitely don't work are Monkey Ball Jr and Super Mario Advance 4, however, SMA4 will work if you don't use save slot 1.

The Micro SD won't be falling out on it's own. The slot isn't spring loaded like other supercards but it seems perfectly safe to me.

andysjones
August 30th, 2006, 12:46
Ive made a thread of what I have got working so far (Look lower down for :: Apps and Games Working on DS Lite::

There are a lot more working but im a noob :)

Ive never had a problem with the sd falling out

Shane R. Monroe
August 30th, 2006, 14:07
I know my post count is a bit low to be offsite linking, but if you're into podcasts, my co-host and I just covered the Supercard Lite in our last show (http://www.dualscreenradio.com/download.php?current=1&PHPSESSID=f9bc866d88868198333c7e9d1a21de53). You may find it helpful.

I'm using the 2GB Sandisk myself and it doesn't feel like it is going to fall out anytime soon. But it is a looser fit that the spring loaded ones and might make you a bit itchy for awhile.

If I had to name any sort of issues, I would have to say that the tight fit of the first series (apparently the second release will fix this). It is REALLY damn hard to get it in and out (fortunately, I don't need it to come out often).

The other problem is that the homebrew community hasn't really caught up with the different filesystem on it - some things might tend to give you trouble. The latest release of DSOrganize doesn't appear to WRITE properly to the SCL even when patched. I'm sure it will be fixed, but it is worth mentioning.

Good luck.

zanysmash
August 31st, 2006, 12:31
I know my post count is a bit low to be offsite linking, but if you're into podcasts, my co-host and I just covered the Supercard Lite in our last show (http://www.dualscreenradio.com/download.php?current=1&PHPSESSID=f9bc866d88868198333c7e9d1a21de53). You may find it helpful.

I'm using the 2GB Sandisk myself and it doesn't feel like it is going to fall out anytime soon. But it is a looser fit that the spring loaded ones and might make you a bit itchy for awhile.

If I had to name any sort of issues, I would have to say that the tight fit of the first series (apparently the second release will fix this). It is REALLY damn hard to get it in and out (fortunately, I don't need it to come out often).

The other problem is that the homebrew community hasn't really caught up with the different filesystem on it - some things might tend to give you trouble. The latest release of DSOrganize doesn't appear to WRITE properly to the SCL even when patched. I'm sure it will be fixed, but it is worth mentioning.

Good luck.

The DSOrganize issue with SCLite (no write access) has been corrected in 'new' 2.25 version