PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar Games Announces PSP Lineup

adam
January 10th, 2005, 10:47
A new Grand Theft Auto title and Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition available this spring

New York, NY - January 10, 2005
- Rockstar Games, the world-renowned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), is proud to announce Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and a brand new iteration of Grand Theft Auto for the highly anticipated PSPTM handheld system. Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition and the new Grand Theft Auto title, which will be set in Liberty City, are being developed by Rockstar Leeds in conjunction with Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North, respectively. Both titles are expected to be available near the launch of the PSP handheld system in North America and Europe.

"Bringing two of our most successful game franchises to this thrilling new platform not only gives us an opportunity to create a new dimension for these already extraordinary series but also allows us to begin to explore the full potential of the PSP handheld system," said Sam Houser, President of Rockstar Games. "Sony's extremely impressive technology has allowed Rockstar Leeds to do more on a handheld machine than we could have ever imagined. We are very excited for gamers to experience these two genre-defining franchises in a fashion that could have never before been possible on a portable system."

Zaneblade
January 10th, 2005, 13:35
A new Grand Theft Auto title

hmmm i am a massive gta fan and i mean massive!! (even thought i still am not old enough to play them legaly) so the question is will it mean i have to get a psp just for that game??

ino you people may say why noy get a psp anyway but the battery life and the fact that people say i cant fit into you pocket have just put me of all together!

thanks for the info adam!

Dante18
January 10th, 2005, 13:47
can DS fit into your pocket??? If i am not mistaken, the DS is *heavier than the PSP.

Zaneblade
January 11th, 2005, 09:35
i have spoke 2 some ppl in the us that are in my battlefield 1942 clan and they say that the DS is able to fit into there pocket! it maybe heaver but i can fold in half!

adam
January 12th, 2005, 05:42
Yup the DS can fit into your pocket unless you wear drain pipes

Zaneblade
January 12th, 2005, 11:52
but can the psp? do you know/?

scrabbus
January 12th, 2005, 13:42
i can tell you...No, it is lighter has a wider screen, but it looks a squeeze, when Edge magaine gave the specs I thought"new rousers???" well i thought about this and other notable subjects for a great length of time. But if current sales and the absolutely staggering number of developers and BIG name software corps supporting the DS, I think I'll go with the DS over the PSP, and look I've been playing videogames since 1978, I have played and owned nearly every system of the past 27-8 years. So believe me when i say I have nothing against Sony or the PSP ( I am a PS2 owner, and a huge GTA fan), however there is the point that Japanese interest in the psp has been muted at best, that when you consider that the electronics arm of Sony (one of the largest parts of the company) reported in December )$ that it saw an 83% drop in profits, that and the utter failure that was the PSX al in one, then you have to wonder. The battery life on the PSP ranges from 2-6 hours depending on the game (FACTS FROM SONY), you can purchase a second if you wish. Movie playback will be 4 hours maximum at med illumination. Does all this seem rushed?? That and the news on tuesday that Sony will lose a Whopping £140 per unit in japan, WHAT? yes, I know, I thought"BULLSHIT" when I read this, but I checked and checked, and yes its true. So what is Sony's game? I hope the PSP sells well, I think the increased competion can only mean big things for all us gamers. If you take a look at the japanese market the leader , believe it or not is Nintendo, they are the only Electronics/Software publisher that has seen a year on year rise in stock prices and profits since 1987. So where does it all lead to?? Who knows but if I remember the 1980's, and I do very well, then it would all seem to point to...Well lets wait and see eh? SO COME ON PEOPE CHILL OUT AND BE LIKE THE FONZ...COOL 8)

Zaneblade
January 12th, 2005, 14:23
( I am a PS2 owner, and a huge GTA fan),

who isnt?? yea i love sony and the ps2 but have you noticed how unreliable the old standard ps2's are?

[quote author=scrabbus link=board=PSP;num=1105379221;start=0#6 date=01/12/05 at 14:42:47] The battery life on the PSP ranges from 2-6 hours depending on the game (FACTS FROM SONY), you can purchase a second if you wish. Movie playback will be 4 hours maximum at med illumination. Does all this seem rushed??

I was on ign the other day and i found this! they have fully tested the battery life!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/574/574557p1.html?fromint=1

so its not exactly great!!! :-/

and if you all say screw you DS when you see the MP3 play back time dont! the DS's battery life for music playback using the Play-Yan is still long with about 15hrs. You also get a 256mb SD card which is big and the hole thing only costs around £24 and the stick that comes with the psp is only 32mb

the psp has help me so much!

it made nintendo design the DS its total new and original and i feel if the psp had not been anouced then it would be the GBA2 coming out soon! it also made nintendo redesign the Play Yan which is brilliant! and thirdly it has pushed the UK release forward (still duno when it is tho! guna have 2 wait till 27th of jan to find out) and it pushed the price of the DS aswell!!

i can see why people want to get the psp but for me i want something new! the psp has only got better graphics (now that the play yan with its mp3 and mpeg4) which would normally be find but because of the DS its just not good enough!