PDA

View Full Version : MODCHIP: how to unbrick the onboard firmware via epsilon bootloader?

Shinto
August 30th, 2006, 18:49
hi guys, sorry i'm a chip newbie:

i want to unbrick my psp onboard nand via the epsilon bootloader. now i have the problem: i know the file must named nandImage.flash, but where do i get that?. some people say i need a simple eboot firmware update and have to rename it, others say i need a dump (but how???). and other say i need a a "good flash dump" (what the **** is that?).

but i don't know about anything and (i'm german) no german board can help.

the freakiest thing is, if i flash the undluted platinum 1.5 bios to my onboard nand, i'm able to start the fw1.5 but i couldn't start homebrew or updates: " my region code is wrong. what shall i do now?

i bought the modchip mainly because i wanted to have the epsilon firmware. but without the onboard nand i'm not able to start the epsi. i HAVE TO unbrick my onboard nand. please help me!

Shinto

pibs
August 31st, 2006, 06:06
i think you need the flash0 and flash1, you get the fw you want, then using PBP unpacker u extract DATA.PSAR after that you will need to somehow extract the pxr files after that they have to be organized in a specific order into flash0 and flash1.

Look for the MPH firmware changer guide its pretty much the same thing.If im wrong in any way correct me plz

Hope this works for you

Shinto
August 31st, 2006, 12:21
acould you say more about that?

wher xan i find that guide? i have searched but dont find something.
please give me a link or something. Thanks.
Shinto

Lodis
August 31st, 2006, 22:56
i think you need the flash0 and flash1, you get the fw you want, then using PBP unpacker u extract DATA.PSAR after that you will need to somehow extract the pxr files after that they have to be organized in a specific order into flash0 and flash1.

Look for the MPH firmware changer guide its pretty much the same thing.If im wrong in any way correct me plz

Hope this works for you

What you have just described is wrong in this case and will not be any good for unbricking the Onboard flash via Epsilon and the UP Chip.

However, Your details sound more like what you need to do in preperation when extracting and organising firmeware to be emulated with Devhook.

To unbrick the Onboard flash you need an actual 1.5 Nand dump, I strongly recommend you do NOT rename an update eboot because this could cause problems.

In your Undiluted Platinum installation folder there is a sub folder called nandDump. What you need to do is go into the 1.5 folder and copy the upNandDump and upNandDump% folders to the game directory on 1.5 firmware on your memory stick.

When you run this program it will do a dump of your 1.5 nand into a file on the root of your Memstick called nandimage.flash. You can then use this to unbrick your Onboard flash.

I recommend you flash or upgrade/downgrade your UP chip to 1.5 and then run that program on it to create the nandimage.flash. If you have any problems, feel free to give me a PM.

NYShotgun05
December 10th, 2006, 00:18
What you have just described is wrong in this case and will not be any good for unbricking the Onboard flash via Epsilon and the UP Chip.

However, Your details sound more like what you need to do in preperation when extracting and organising firmeware to be emulated with Devhook.

To unbrick the Onboard flash you need an actual 1.5 Nand dump, I strongly recommend you do NOT rename an update eboot because this could cause problems.

In your Undiluted Platinum installation folder there is a sub folder called nandDump. What you need to do is go into the 1.5 folder and copy the upNandDump and upNandDump% folders to the game directory on 1.5 firmware on your memory stick.

When you run this program it will do a dump of your 1.5 nand into a file on the root of your Memstick called nandimage.flash. You can then use this to unbrick your Onboard flash.

I recommend you flash or upgrade/downgrade your UP chip to 1.5 and then run that program on it to create the nandimage.flash. If you have any problems, feel free to give me a PM.

I have the nandimage.flash file of 1.50 n put it in my psp. Went to the recovery and it says mso/nandimage.flash does not exist.

peterc00745
July 11th, 2009, 22:22
Lodis, dude you rock!!!! That worked perfectly for me. I was up to firmware 5.51 on my on board nand and I was able to go down to 1.5 and then up to 2.71! Awesome!! Thanks a million!!