PDA

View Full Version : Safe Places to Buy a Sony PSP and Games

wraggster
January 10th, 2005, 17:33
Ive started this topic to point out a few things, never trust anyone who says email me ive got a Sony PSP for Sale, either buy from a Reputable site or off Ebay, dont let con artists rip you off.[br][br]Heres a list of Legit Sites with a small description of each.[br][br] GBAx.com (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl) [br][br] GBAx.com (http://www.gbax.com/main.pl) are a great UK import site with a fantastic reputation and the price is decent too.[br][br] Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4454&lsaid=219793) [br][br] Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=4454&lsaid=219793) are one of the worlds biggest and best importers.[br][br] Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=119&A=50&Task=Click) [br][br] Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=119&A=50&Task=Click) are another great Hong Kong company with a great reputation.[br][br]Theres also Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz.html) who again are a damn good site.[br][br]All of those shops have a good reputation although you can decide for yourself who offers the best deals.[br][br]ill add more sites as i get more info. [br][br]Again do not get conned by email sellers and pyramid schemes.

leggy
March 15th, 2005, 10:43
Just a quick note.

Please be carefull when buying off ebay - it is very open to scam merchants at the moment.

Vicious
March 16th, 2005, 11:19
Also some sites wraggster missed out on:

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/home (Good US importer site)

http://www.jpngames.co.uk/index.htm (Good UK Importer site)

Thanks....

chinknation
March 20th, 2005, 18:41
for US version PSP, go to http://ebgames.com

Vimes220
March 28th, 2005, 19:43
only they don't post to the UK

MAq
March 31st, 2005, 00:41
I got 2 games from Lik-Sang, with No Trouble at All

I got JAP Namco Museum and Choose Free shipping, it took nearly 2 weeks and I had to pay £8.41 Duty (£4 Tax rest Royal Mail clearance Fee) it cost me £31 in Total. Which i'm happy with.

I also bought Wipeout PURE US, I choose DHL for Shipping it only took 5 Days and that's including Weekend and Easter, NO DUTY PAID on that
Wipeout Has Amazing Graphics, and it's a good game (Cost £35 in Total)

ickle1999
April 2nd, 2005, 18:20
Just wanted to let you know about the great service that I got from Divineo (UK). I ordered Metal Gear Acid (USA) @ 13:20 on Friday and it was delivered the next day (Using standard post £2.30) on Saturday morning @ 07:30.

www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/cat_psp.html

What a great service and a good price.. I would recommend and defiantly use them again..

Hope this helps you shoppers !!

Cheers

Ickle

lukej101
April 3rd, 2005, 21:03
a

imac
April 4th, 2005, 07:36
lukej101, when did you purchase it from Electricbirdland. I'm still waiting after nearly two weeks.

lukej101
April 7th, 2005, 14:14
a

jhenry_uk
April 8th, 2005, 12:35
strange, i ordered mine like 4 days b4 that from electricbirdland and still havent recieved anything, status changed to sent on tuesday so thought it should have been here by now

imac
April 8th, 2005, 13:18
Mine has now arrived the day after I rang them. Took just under two weeks. My account on their web site was updated soon after I rang them as having entered dispatch. I believe they misplaced my order.

lukej101
April 8th, 2005, 19:17
They are experiencing probs at the moment. I cancelled and suggest you go to www.nuplayer.co.uk for games or www.gbax.com for consoles.

revolversoul
April 10th, 2005, 19:20
I bought my psp from www.nuplayer.co.uk. They do a next day but I had mine picked up the same day. Were very helpful after sale with some movie clips too. Much better than ebay as you have your warranty and a helpline.

Spacehopper
April 12th, 2005, 10:03
So nuplayer really do sell PSP stuff?. I say this because since 23/03/05 they have treated me very poorly. I was beginning to think it was a scam but I guess it's just total incompetence and total lack of respect for customers, in my case and I will tell you why.
23/03/05 - Ordered PSP game for next day delivery.
24/03/05 - Game did not arrive.
25/03/05-28/03/05, bank holiday weekend.
29/03/05 - No game, phoned nuplayer, they said they would find out were my order was and ring back.
30/03/05 - (Morning) No game no ring back, so I phoned again, told they would phone me back again.
30/03/05 - (afternoon) No ring back, So I phoned again. Spoke to a guy on despatch who guaranteed I would receive the game the next day.
31/03/05 - No game.
01/04/05 - I phone nuplayer and spoke to there customer services manager and I asked for a full refund, he promised this would be done immediately.
06/04/05 - customer services manager phoned me to ask me if I got my game yet. I had to remind him of his promise to me several days ago, he then told me there accountant would do this right away.
08/04/05 - (morning) Still no refund, I phoned nuplayer again and spoke to customer services manager, he said he would go and refund my money that instance and phone me back when done.
08/04/05 - (afternoon) No call back, could not get to speak to customer service manager, so I told the nuplayer rep that if I was not phoned back I would refer this matter to the credit card company.

As of today I have no refund and no call back from nuplayer.
Mistakes do happen, especially on mail order, but for me it's how a company deals with these mistakes that counts.
This company showed no interest in solving this problem and have not stuck to their word of priding them self’s in customer satisfaction.
This is by far the worst treatment I have received from a sales company.

Kpow
April 12th, 2005, 14:48
Interesting, I was thinking of using them as they are only 2 streets away from my place of work, at least I can turn up on their doorstep and give it some physical. :)

Kpow
April 12th, 2005, 14:51
Just wanted to let you know about the great service that I got from Divineo (UK). I ordered Metal Gear Acid (USA) @ 13:20 on Friday and it was delivered the next day (Using standard post £2.30) on Saturday morning @ 07:30.

www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/cat_psp.html

What a great service and a good price.. I would recommend and defiantly use them again..

Hope this helps you shoppers !!

Cheers

Ickle

Would highly recommend also, very swift, less than 24 hours.

Zeno
April 13th, 2005, 03:17
BestBuy sells US PSPs.
http://www.bestbuy.com

danrowland
April 14th, 2005, 14:05
Spacehopper, i have had exactly the same as you, except i have emailed them about 8 times and called about 4 and still no game!!!!!!!!!!!! I have sent some fairly abusive (but constructive) emails with no response at all!!!!!

danrowland
April 14th, 2005, 14:11
I have just put the phone down to Nuplayer and they are TOTAL SHITE!!!!! they said that although the website says 24 hour delivery, they don't have any of the game that i had odered in stock, and haven't done for 2 weeks!!!!! They have ignored all the emails and the guy i spoke to just wasn't bothered, he just said that they would send it when they get it. errr.. DO NOT USE THEM, THEY ARE RUBISH !!!

Spacehopper
April 15th, 2005, 12:15
They always claimed they had the game I wanted in stock, so even worse.
I got the same attitude from them as you have, they simply don't seem to care.
I received my telephone bill yesterday and it has cost me £4 in calls to them and I still don't have a game or a refund.
This is costing me money and stress and it's just not worth it. I am now involving my credit card company to get my money back.

paulpsomiadis
April 17th, 2005, 15:29
I know that everyone has been warned NOT to buy a PSP from eBay...

However, i managed to find a reliable seller by the name of "jpitem" (no quotes)

I payed for my PSP and it was with me in FIVE DAYS! No import tax either! And a FREE screen filter too!

Seriously good service!

Here's the auction I won...while it's available...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8184050314&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:UK:6

And here's a list of what's still available...

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZjpitem

Not much time left for the remaining PSP's - get 'em wile they're available!

gamewareMaster
April 17th, 2005, 21:55
Has anyone had a psp from ebay user 'webstorez'??

leggy
April 17th, 2005, 22:27
This ebay seller does the business!!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_Sony-PSP_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsacat Z91512QQsassZpQ2dsQ2dp

tbrettbutler
April 18th, 2005, 02:42
Hi Guys i have some Japanese Standard Packs and Value Packs available for sale.

The Standard Packs are £150 including all shipping costs and i can supply a UK Adaptor free of charge

The Value Packs are £180 including all shipping costs and i can supply a UK Adaptor free of charge.

If your interested then please email me on [email protected]

Thanks

Brett

wobbler
April 19th, 2005, 15:26
I ordered Lumines from Divineo yesterday at 11am and it was on my desk at 8am this morning!

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/div-uk/index.html

William Smith
April 20th, 2005, 20:57
Have just bought a couple of games off www.cd-wow.com, at £30 each with free P&P, seems pretty cheap to me.

Although not stated all their games are US.

EDIT: Ignore the above - They take your money even when games are not in stock. Maybe they would have got around to informing me that there was no stock eventually, but based on another post here I emailed them about the order and they confirmed no stock. Obtained a refund.

William

playps2
April 22nd, 2005, 17:23
Hi Guys,

I had delivery of 10 PSP JAP Value packs yesterday and are available to buy via. my website www.playps2.net/pspconsoles.html

£209.99 including 1st class recorded delivery.

I'm in the process of building a php powered site to make it look more pro but you can still order by credit/debit cards or Paypal.

email me [email protected] if you have questions, or want to buy multiple items so I can do a deal on them. Order before the weekend and I'll ship them on Monday morning!

catchm
April 24th, 2005, 12:46
what about clarkes imports, are they safe and trustworthy? anyone bought from there?
www.clarkesimports.com

oasismark
April 27th, 2005, 11:36
Anyone ordered from www.videogamesplus.ca?

They are definatly the cheapest but i'm worried about import tax. How do i know if i'll get charged import tax and how much will it be.

I'm ordering:

Tiger Woods
Lumines
Mercury
Logitech Playgear Case

comes to £85 total + £15 shipping.

Corpsical
April 27th, 2005, 13:14
You'll be fine Oasismark, they turn around 'in stock' product very quickly, my PSP from them was marked down to a custom friendly figure, delivered by DHL.

Had Tiger arrive on Monday after being posted Thursday, again customs friendly.

Just waiting for the playgear and Lumines now ...

Tiger is great by the way ...

Corpsical

oasismark
April 27th, 2005, 13:30
Ok going for it then on your recomendation. I have already email them about if and how much it may cost, but its the cheapest price so i'll take my chances.

One more thing. It says the playgear is on back order. will that hold up all my otrher items or will they post out the games 1st then the playgear, but that will mean more postage.

Oh the hassles of it all!

oasismark
April 27th, 2005, 13:37
It is done!

I dunno what will happen with Playgear on back order, will have to see.

Uzeless
May 2nd, 2005, 21:21
I couldn't recommend importmadness.co.uk enough!! I ordered it on a Monday and recieved it by the Thursday marked as a 'toy' with a value of £30. At £170 it isn't badly priced and after recommending them to four friends who also bought a PSP with them, not one of them has been hit with duty!

oasismark
May 4th, 2005, 11:46
I gotta write and say what excellent service i got from http://www.videogamesplus.ca

Ordered 3 games and a case last wednesday. Games arrived yesterday, and case was shipped yesterday.

They didn't delay the games because the case wasn't in stock.
They marked the parcel so to avoid import tax.
They responded to my emails within the hour.
The cheapest of all the stores i've found.
Delivery of 5 days (and over the bank hols, so may have been quicker)

Excellent service, i will definatly use again, highly recommended.

Greensprout
May 5th, 2005, 15:37
I've just received Lumines from http://www.sonicbionic.com and it only cost me £23.45 with free P&P!

The price has since gone up but the prices are the cheapest around!

Uzeless
May 6th, 2005, 16:53
Not quite as cheap as dvdboxoffice.com who are priced at £22.67 including delivery (as are most of theior PSP games).

pacmanunited
May 7th, 2005, 00:35
Has anyone ordered from Gizmocave.com? cos they're based in London and they have lots of PSP deals.

ganon
May 7th, 2005, 02:46
have u

pacmanunited
May 7th, 2005, 12:04
have u
no

ganon
May 7th, 2005, 15:03
looks expensive

Greensprout
May 7th, 2005, 19:00
looks expensive

Nearly double the price of importing..

jockeylad
May 10th, 2005, 15:27
ELECTRICBIRDLAND

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! regardless of what the site says or even what dan (owner) says on the phone (although its unlikely youll ever speak to anyone, cause its impossible to get through on the phone, the only time i did was the very first time i phoned to actually place my order!!??) anyway.... I ordered a japan psp value pack with wipepout pure 15 days ago and was promised it would be with me the following day or at the latest 2 days later.

The money was taken out of my account on the 28th april and so I sent an email to try to find out more. got an automated reply saying to use the customer login on the site to find out where my package is.... thanks dan, it doesnt work!!!
I adhered to the request on the site that said they were recieving high amounts of orders for psp blah blah so please dont send lots of emails requesting the same thing and we will get back to you.
waited further 5/6 days sent another email, no reply, sent another , no reply. we are now at day 15, i have phoned electricbirdland every day since my money was taken out of my account, waiting precisely 5 mins each time, about 5 times a day until you are automatically thrown out of the queue and have to phone back. (ok thats changed as of today it seems, but I still got thrown off after about a 25min wait.) I HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL AVENUES OF COMMUNICATION, I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO, SO THE ONLY CHOICE I HAVE LEFT IS TO TAKE LEGAL ADVICE.
I URGE ANYONE READING THIS (AND PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS) DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ORDER FROM ELECTRICIRDLAND. ill step down off my soap box now.....

dowkeruk
May 16th, 2005, 14:07
I am in exactly the same position. Ordered a gba flash cart. Cheque cashed on 28 April.
Since then, nothing. No contact. No info and the item plus much else, has
disappeared from their catalogue.

Takosuke
May 20th, 2005, 16:45
Are all the Japanese PSP that are now shipped flashed with the 1.0 firmware ? I've just ordered one and I'm worried :/

ganon
May 20th, 2005, 17:13
well it depends. Jap psps getting flashed to 1.51 now on

Takosuke
May 20th, 2005, 17:19
well it depends. Jap psps getting flashed to 1.51 now on

Ok, I might as well get an 1.50 ver too :/
Fingercrossed then :/

playps2
May 20th, 2005, 21:33
Heya,
Just to let you know that we are now stocking PSPs, games and accessories at our website along with other products.
Do pop by and check us out at www.playps2.net (http://www.playps2.net) if you are considering buying one.
We're based in London and offer next day delivery for UK orders.
If you have any doubt, please check our customer reviews on the website or at ebay under the user name Rainbowcases
We look forward to doing business with you! :)

Spark
May 20th, 2005, 22:09
Please don't add yourself to this list, it's generally up to customers to do that mate.

avfc67
May 23rd, 2005, 16:13
Anyone ordered from www.videogamesplus.ca?

They are definatly the cheapest but i'm worried about import tax. How do i know if i'll get charged import tax and how much will it be.

I'm ordering:

Tiger Woods
Lumines
Mercury
Logitech Playgear Case

comes to £85 total + £15 shipping.

28 quid for fifa including shipping.
ordered thursday was beating arsenal by saturday.
I highly recommend they send emails regarding your order every day informing you of its whereabouts.

gam3r
May 23rd, 2005, 18:04
avfc67 did u get charged tax mate?

Takosuke
May 24th, 2005, 17:47
Finally, the PSP I received (1000k JPN value pack) was a 1.50 :/

It was brand new, but 150 right from the box, too bad :/

I ordered mine at www.winsunx.com

Cheap, very fast, the guys there are cool and answered every mails I sent.

If you don't bother having a ver. 1.5 and don't live in the US, you can freely chose this shop (have to pay with paypal though).

gam3r
May 26th, 2005, 10:57
Hey i was just wondering if anyone has ordered from YES asia before because i ordered from them and now they are asking me to send the a copy of my card statement or a copy of the back and front of my card via fax.

What do u guys think?

Drift
May 26th, 2005, 12:39
Lik Sang used to (or maybe still do) the same with the card thing gam3r. Depends if you trust them at the end of the day.

gam3r
May 28th, 2005, 15:46
well, i just ordered a 512mb duo from Play.com - very good price 39.99 including p&p.

highly reccomended website.

Spark
May 28th, 2005, 16:38
You may want to consider asking that question in English, it's much easier to get an answer that way.

Cap'n 1time
May 28th, 2005, 17:37
ny 1 no wot da cost of import tax is on da psp to the uk. finkin of orderin 1 from outside eu but i wont 2 no all idden charges

yes... why the hell would anyone take the time to spell crap wrong, i take enough time to spell stuff right! thats not cool, just lame.

Spark
May 29th, 2005, 12:59
By all accounts, they're shit.

If you're in Britain, and you want the advice of somebody who has already imported one, I would honestly look into the Ebay option if I were you. As long as you buy from somebody with a good feedback record, it's no more dangerous than buying from an online store based overseas, and you have a much higher chance of avoiding any additional taxes that way.

I bought my PSP from Ebay and it arrived from HK 4 days later, with no tax. :)

Spark
May 29th, 2005, 13:01
God wasn't aware that i had to be formal on this web site. What are you spark, a bloody english teacher

A sociology student actually.

No-one's asking you to be formal, but there's typing normally, and then typing like a moron, your post was more towards the latter.

Austin
May 29th, 2005, 20:16
Any 1 know if Shazap.com are a good site????

warren
June 2nd, 2005, 06:48
i bought my psp from gizmocave in london brilliant site i went to pick it up .one of the few sites with there phone number and address details on there web site

cmap
June 2nd, 2005, 18:28
hi
I just bought a psp and ridge racer from www.technology-direct.co.uk - no issues and already in the uk so no fear of customs or tax. £178 the standard pack.
Elaine

billy568
June 7th, 2005, 20:19
The best place to get an import PSP is with out doubt www.gizmocave.com
there the only guys out there offering a proper service. They are based in london with a phone number that you can actually get through to speak to somebody!. I ordered mine after being recomended by a friend who ordered and recieved his in 24 hours and with some free accessories. So i ordered and it came the next day, a perfect pristine unit! and they even chucked in some extras. I highly recommend using www.gizmocave.com if you are considering buying a psp. Top Class!!

Vimes220
June 8th, 2005, 00:18
The best place to get an import PSP is with out doubt www.gizmocave.com (http://www.gizmocave.com/)
there the only guys out there offering a proper service. They are based in london with a phone number that you can actually get through to speak to somebody!. I ordered mine after being recomended by a friend who ordered and recieved his in 24 hours and with some free accessories. So i ordered and it came the next day, a perfect pristine unit! and they even chucked in some extras. I highly recommend using www.gizmocave.com (http://www.gizmocave.com/) if you are considering buying a psp. Top Class!!

I believe the phrase is

HOW MUCH!!!!!!!!

Bit pricey aint they.

CLARKES IMPORTS
June 14th, 2005, 09:20
recommended by me to stay away from clarkes imports as they are a terrible site.the word scam comes to mind when describing them and i think this because
I waited 2 and a half weeks and the psp still wasnt dispatched
i then found out the owner was on holiday
they always fob you off with ' look at the terms and conditions on the website' when u ask 4 help on where your order is
they charge a 10 % cancellation fee (which i wont be paying) for them doing nothing
and finally because they charge u 15 quid delivery and they r uk based

as any 1 else had similar problems

CLARKES IMPORTS ARE NOT A SCAM!!!
WE TRY TO DELIVER WITHIN 10 DAYS BUT DUE TO HIGH VOLUME OFF INTERNET FRAUD WE HAVE HAD TO DO SECURITY CHECKS ON EVERY TRANSACTION WHICH SLOWS THINGS UP A BIT.THE £15 POSTAGE INCLUDE PACKAGING AND INSURANCE
I AM ENTITLED TO A HOLIDAY WITHOUT YOR PERMISSION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE LEGALLY PUT ON THE WEBSITE FOR THE PEOPLE WITH COMMON SENSE TO READ THEM EXPLAINING ALL THE ABOVE THEN YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE WASTED YOUR TIME TRYING TO SLAG MY SITE OFF.BUT IT IS CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU WE CAN DO WITHOUT

dudleyracer
June 14th, 2005, 10:05
does any 1 here know if hot shots golf is a good game as i am thinkin of buying it

Hi,

yeah it's pretty good, me mate's got that and tiger woods (golf mad!) and tiger woods is better but yeah they're both good!

Duds

iwilleatyourheart
June 15th, 2005, 01:12
hello guys i found a large quantity auction for japanese psps it says 1.0 but he doesnt focus on it trying to make more because of it link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8198480020&ed=1118788899000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOTB:US:6

tell me if link works and i ordered one as it was 220 plus 30 us dollars (freakin cheap)

il check it when i get it and post back cyall

dudleyracer
June 15th, 2005, 09:40
hi
I just bought a psp and ridge racer from www.technology-direct.co.uk - no issues and already in the uk so no fear of customs or tax. £178 the standard pack.
Elaine

thanks for the link, think i'm gonna give this lot a go, was torn between a few PSP selling sites that have been mentioned, but asked a couple of questions of each of the sites and these lot were most reassuring/most information/pretty prompt with their answers so they're gonna get my order for my value pack and metal gear.

Duds

Amiga
June 15th, 2005, 16:29
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8195130646&ed=1117625400000&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOTB:UK:6

i just bought a version 1.0 jap off Ebay two weeks ago received it the next day then bought two games .

I wasnt even expecting a version 1.0 :D

WSOUNitePirate895
June 19th, 2005, 13:03
Got mine on Ebay, took awhile and actualy thought i had been scammed, but it came. It depends who you buy it from so if you use ebay, it might not be a bad idea to check their other items and feedback. (If thier selling something stupid like a magic potion and then also a psp, i wouldnt buy from the guy)

THUD
July 6th, 2005, 13:15
I really must stress this, I ordered a PSP on the grounds that on there website and link on Google its definately states that you get next day delivery guarenteed...

That was a week ago, when I ordered it it stated in stock....when I didn't recieve it the next day I thought I'd just phone to check (this took many a phone call to eventually get someone to pick up the phone as most of the day it just rang and rang) then I spoke to a chap that said 'your PSP will most definately be with you in 48 Hours'....so have just cancelled with them I think a week is not 24 or even 48 hours in my book...

If they can't even get the ordering process worked out, the 12 month warranty must be equally as poor....

This is just my experience others may have better opionions on them...

I have now ordered through Gizmocave.co.uk

Having emailed them they seem a lot more proffesional...

Mr Rant
July 7th, 2005, 16:42
This poem is called "where's my PSP?"

waited up for a delivery today
when i should have been snoring away (night shifts)
dead excited about getting my new computer game
but the sh*te suppliers put out that flame
yep where customer service is involved, my lucks always the f**king same

thought i'd check my credit card
give them an inch & they take a yard
theyv'e tried to take the payment twice
actually recieving the goods would be nice
they promised next day delivery
but i think it's just a gimmick, to squeeze a few more quid out of me

those cheeky c*nts at Nuplayer
always knew it would be a two-dayer
and when it finally arrives
i think i might just tell some lies
and say the bundled game's amiss
they took the piss so i'll take the piss

THEY CAN AFFORD IT THEY DRIVE LAMBORGHINIS!!!

"where's my PSP. part two"

didn't turn up today either
spose it was to be expected
but the payments already been taken
and my patience truly tested
spoke to the company boss this morning
he seemed positive & upbeat
but now his receptionist keeps saying "hes just popped out to eat"
(for five hours)

i settle for one of the other gimps
who says "monday sir" to my total shock
then he changes it to "friday"
i now doubt they even have the stock

i asked the goon for a refund & he says "OK"
but i doubt it will be refunded today
i know when the sun shines you gotta make hay
but customers shouldnt be treated this way

pulling out the 'disputed purchase' forms
like i said before im so unlucky
but i gotta cover my arse
coz if forum feedback is anything to go by then Nuplayer will probably try to f*ck me.

ON A POSITIVE NOTE SPOKE TO GIZMO CAVE THIS PM, THEY SEEM VERY WELL ORGANISED. WILL BE JOINING THE PSP REVOLUTION VERY SOON.

Numbero
July 7th, 2005, 21:57
what do people think of gizmocave?? is it trustworthy??? i wanna get a psp bad cause no retailers in the uk r left selling psp cause of evil sony???

Mr Rant
July 11th, 2005, 19:05
Numbero, hope this helps your decision regarding GIZMOCAVE...

I originally ordered with another supplier (the one mentioned in my previous post/poem) as they were a bit cheaper. Identical deals that were being offered at the time (packages have changed recently) with £10 difference, but what a difference a tenner makes.
Suffice to say that I have cancelled my order with the first merchant as it became apparent that their 'next day delivery guaranteed' didn't actually mean that you would get it the day after ordering, or the next day, or the next day; you get the picture (read my poem and other ppl's feedback for more of the same).

GIZMOCAVE: I ordered it from them this afternoon at approx 14:30. The guy I spoke to (Paul-top bloke might I add) called me back after I emailed him my phone number, and stayed on the phone with me whilst I went through the online ordering process, to make sure it went without a hitch. He then called me back personally after posting my parcel and gave me a tracking number (royal mail special delivery next day before 13:00) so that I can chase it online.
Ive ordered the new 'racing dreams pack' which they customised for me and they've also thrown in some extras to boot without adjusting the advertised price!!!! Obviously I haven't recieved the parcel yet but the level of service I have had so far has made me more than confident that it will be here tomorrow in full working order. Bearing in mind GIZMOCAVE's location and recent events in London I would have no problems if it didn't arrive tomorrow but either way I will update this reply so you know how the story ended.

(update: recieved it at 08:30 the day after ordering in perfect working order)

Other people have mentioned "pricey" & "too expensive". I say you get what you pay for!!! The difference in service I have recieved from GIZMOCAVE in comparison to the first merchant I tried has been well worth the few extra quid. The amount of money & time wasted on phone calls etc to my first choice of merchant probably worked out to be the difference in price anyway.

My advice is give them a ring, and while your at it let them know the guy with the poem sent you. They deserve the good press!!!!

Terry01234
July 15th, 2005, 13:04
Mr Rant what postage option did you chose on GizmoCave?

avfc67
July 18th, 2005, 16:52
avfc67 did u get charged tax mate?

no charge. they mark it as 'toy' and put the value as $10

Terry01234
July 22nd, 2005, 17:08
Numbero, hope this helps your decision regarding GIZMOCAVE...

I originally ordered with another supplier (the one mentioned in my previous post/poem) as they were a bit cheaper. Identical deals that were being offered at the time (packages have changed recently) with £10 difference, but what a difference a tenner makes.
Suffice to say that I have cancelled my order with the first merchant as it became apparent that their 'next day delivery guaranteed' didn't actually mean that you would get it the day after ordering, or the next day, or the next day; you get the picture (read my poem and other ppl's feedback for more of the same).

GIZMOCAVE: I ordered it from them this afternoon at approx 14:30. The guy I spoke to (Paul-top bloke might I add) called me back after I emailed him my phone number, and stayed on the phone with me whilst I went through the online ordering process, to make sure it went without a hitch. He then called me back personally after posting my parcel and gave me a tracking number (royal mail special delivery next day before 13:00) so that I can chase it online.
Ive ordered the new 'racing dreams pack' which they customised for me and they've also thrown in some extras to boot without adjusting the advertised price!!!! Obviously I haven't recieved the parcel yet but the level of service I have had so far has made me more than confident that it will be here tomorrow in full working order. Bearing in mind GIZMOCAVE's location and recent events in London I would have no problems if it didn't arrive tomorrow but either way I will update this reply so you know how the story ended.

(update: recieved it at 08:30 the day after ordering in perfect working order)

Other people have mentioned "pricey" & "too expensive". I say you get what you pay for!!! The difference in service I have recieved from GIZMOCAVE in comparison to the first merchant I tried has been well worth the few extra quid. The amount of money & time wasted on phone calls etc to my first choice of merchant probably worked out to be the difference in price anyway.

My advice is give them a ring, and while your at it let them know the guy with the poem sent you. They deserve the good press!!!!

After reading your post i decided to order from gizmo cave. yesterday bout 11.30am, paided for next day delivery and it didnt arrive this morning. SO i emailed asking for my tracking number no reply, phoned no reply, & not there site is down! Shall i be worried?

nikita
August 1st, 2005, 13:09
Can anyone tell me what gizmocave's telephone number is? I would get it from their website, but their website seems to be undergoing some maintenance, and gizmocave is not responding to my e-mails. Please help

Terry01234
August 1st, 2005, 14:08
They have been shut down by sony!!

george morris
August 13th, 2005, 21:11
hey, i have had the same problem with clarkes imports, i ordered a psp over a month ago and still no sign of it. i have called them several times to find that there usualy out. yet when i did get through 2 them he sed the psp is in sum foregn country which has had some bad weather as an excuse. i called them earlier today to find that the number i dialed is not recognized. if anyone else has had trouble with this web sight and knows what i should do please email me [email protected]. thanks

red123
August 19th, 2005, 15:44
Hi all

I bought a sony psp in may and got the product after 1 month, after 3 months in august they took £250 for no reason and i never ordered anything from him. this makes the owner of that company a thief and a fraud, and he wont answer his phone or reply emails, he wont give my money back. he has closed his website, seems sony did what he deserved, hope he gets worse, and ill also complain to trading standards so more people see what a fraud this guy is. And ill keep posting this in every uk psp forum, bloody idiot give my money back!!!! :mad:

shomez
August 20th, 2005, 16:52
hey, i have had the same problem with clarkes imports, i ordered a psp over a month ago and still no sign of it. i have called them several times to find that there usualy out. yet when i did get through 2 them he sed the psp is in sum foregn country which has had some bad weather as an excuse. i called them earlier today to find that the number i dialed is not recognized. if anyone else has had trouble with this web sight and knows what i should do please email me [email protected]. thanks

George
i have found his address at www.alibaba.com, he has also taken my money and dissapeared. His number is exdirectory, but i cant see him leaving his home over ripping people off, i am going to give his details to the police, sony, ebay and paypal, his email is also dead now.Beware he goes under the names gaming region,clarkes consoles and clarkes imports, his name is stephen clarke.

bruno_wb
September 4th, 2005, 15:34
hey to get your free PSP Join here it worked for me!!! http://www.consolegrab.co.uk/?r=22517 :D

ara02lr
September 14th, 2005, 13:41
I got a FREE PSP console sent directly to my flat. Well, i say 'free' but i had to sign up to an online offer first - it only cost me £10!! That's it! simply folow the link below n bob's yr uncle!

http://www.consolegrab.co.uk/?r=30450

I know the way it looks, but this is no joke. There's even a BBC news story on their web site: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/3683524.stm

dragonmaster
September 18th, 2005, 12:12
i must say that i am very happy with linker4u i ordered something and after some time i canceled my order for some time no money were shown to my bank account so i contact them requiring infos about the transaction and after 2 days they found that worldpay had problem and after that they apologise and sent me my money back

Plod
September 18th, 2005, 14:13
This thread is full of spammers. Has anyone else noticed how many 1st time posters there are here?

How many 1st time posters say that Gizmocave is the best place to buy from? It's just a little sus to me.