PDA

View Full Version : My DOOMDS Mod, Perfect Dark

zac_531
August 31st, 2006, 15:41
Hey, this is still very beta, and im showing you a very early version of the first level of perfect dark, the HUD will be changed as it is the template from the goldeneye hud along with the weapons as i was not sure what kind of wad would work with DSDOOM. Anyway, enjoy! Demo 1 coming soon!
The picture of the DS wasnt too good quality so i showed what it looks like if the photo is good quality by showing it on a pc doom level editor.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/zac/doom.png

wraggster
August 31st, 2006, 16:30
looks great :)

zac_531
August 31st, 2006, 16:52
Wow thanks! First reply from the man who created DCEmu! Ive just added in some doors, similar to the ones on perfect dark.

Junixx
August 31st, 2006, 21:32
Looks nice, first DS doom mod :D

chemical
August 31st, 2006, 22:07
Looks nice, first DS doom mod :D

Well first mod designed for Ds, but not the first DS mod.

Anyways its looking great, its something i want to get into, kudos for getting down and doing it, and coming up with an original idea for a mod, i cant wait for this mod :)

Junixx
August 31st, 2006, 22:28
oh btw how can you do this? any links to sites that would help me? i might be interested in something like this

zac_531
September 1st, 2006, 13:38
Yeah, you have to use Doombuilder and have the doom.wad and doom2.wad file to begin editing, also wintex is a good app for changing graphics and sounds.
I just found out that ZDoom is a better choice as you can have jumping ,crouching, aiming and as many weapons as you want, the whole thing is not limited as prboom, which DSDOOM uses, i dont think this project will carry on unless DSDOOM can begin to support Zdoom and not just Prboom. Was there any confirmation that they would be addnig more support for other doom engines?

xzerox
September 1st, 2006, 15:37
this is cool but can't I put that music I like on doom
and how if I could do this

battleroyalex
September 1st, 2006, 22:04
did you rip all the textures from the n64 rom and just size them down? because that would make it so much easier :D

Junixx
September 1st, 2006, 22:28
Thanks Zac, ill mess around with it and see if i can do anything.

:Edit:

Um...nvm...