PDA

View Full Version : White PSP's Never found out if they were useable

Cross
August 31st, 2006, 22:15
Ok I have always pref the white psp and a friend has one that he is willing to sell to me (I was just going to sell my 1.5 black then and use that.)

But I have a few questions. (I am also stuck on Dial Up hints not searching because just making this post has made me want to throw the computer out the window... stupid dial up).

Basically this, he is not able to check the firmware and I can not seem to convey to him how to do it in an IM... he just puts games in and they work.

So I have the following info:
1) He played Syphon Filter Something Nights I believe and it updated his firmware (Whats the firmware on that unit?) He says it says v2.6 so I guess that means its DGable. now to find the number
2)It came in the White Box not the yellow.
3) Where there any problems changing the firmware on the units back down from 2.6 (If its that high I am hoping for 2.5) to 1.5 with the easy downgrader, etc? I know one version with letter on the CD door can not be done and I am curious to know if the whites were mostly part of this batch, etc.

Thanks Guys!

BL4Z3D247
August 31st, 2006, 22:23
Ok I have always pref the white psp and a friend has one that he is willing to sell to me (I was just going to sell my 1.5 black then and use that.)

But I have a few questions. (I am also stuck on Dial Up hints not searching because just making this post has made me want to throw the computer out the window... stupid dial up).

Basically this, he is not able to check the firmware and I can not seem to convey to him how to do it in an IM... he just puts games in and they work.

So I have the following info:
1) He paid Syphon Filter Something Nights I believe and it updated his firmware (Whats the firmware on that unit?)
2)It came in the White Box not the yellow.
3) Where there any problems changing the firmware on the units back down from 2.6 (If its that high I am hoping for 2.5) to 1.5 with the easy downgrader, etc? I know one version with letter on the CD door can not be done and I am curious to know if the whites were mostly part of this batch, etc.

Thanks Guys!
the number ur looking for is IC6001(downgradeable), the number u don't want is IC1003(TA-082)...also the numbers are in different places behind the UMD drive, the IC6001 is located on the top left hand side(if ur psp's back was facking u) the other one is on the top right side(again with the psp's back facing u)

hope that helps

splodger15
September 2nd, 2006, 16:08
you should ask him if you can have a look at it