PDA

View Full Version : MY DREAMCAST EXPLODED! ok not really but I need HELP!

abeisgreat
September 1st, 2006, 09:08
I put an led in the fan of my dc and when I went to turn it on it worked only for a second then it stopped and it wont turn back on! Please Help I dont want to lose my precious dreamcast!:(

SSaxdude
September 1st, 2006, 21:23
Maybe undo it or something.

fackue
September 1st, 2006, 23:01
Maybe you shouldn't be opening your Dreamcast and adding stuff if you don't know what your doing?

Make sure the legs are right (negitive/positive), it's connected to the right voltage (most likely 3v), the LED isn't some ridiculously weird type like some wacky voltage or whatever.

You should remove it and have someone more experianced check it out.

abeisgreat
September 1st, 2006, 23:22
i do know what im doing I have modded many systems and I have enough experience I was this is the first time anything like this has happend so dont be insulting my skills!

fackue
September 2nd, 2006, 06:17
When you say it won't turn on do you mean your Dreamcast or the fan LED? If it's the fan LED it probably blew. I don't know why the Dreamcast wouldn't turn on if you only hooked up a LED.

How'd you do it? Can you take some screenshots of where you put the LED etc.

abeisgreat
September 3rd, 2006, 06:12
The dreamcast didnt turn on.
I hooked the led into the main psu.
I checked no wires are crossed or anything.
and I cant take pics cause my cam recently quit.:(

assesoffire
September 3rd, 2006, 13:16
the LED needs to handle 3.3v by the way.
just to let you know

hiplikebadass
September 3rd, 2006, 14:33
let's try some simple hot fixes.
1. apply pressure to the dreamcast psu at the top just a little then turn on
2.if it still doesn't turn on unhook your lame led and see if it works.
3.confirm the voltage of your psu and led make sure they're correct. i dont work with led's personally i only do mod-chips. always hated those damn things
4.if none of those solve your problem buy a new psu they're cheap and if you have money to toss around buying leds and whatnot those damn things go out like ****ign crazy i've heard so you may have just fried it.
5.pray to ****ing god you didn't fry the whole thing with your led.
6.if such is the case buy a new dreamcast and dont install led's.

if none of the said above works although 6 is a sure fire way to fix your dreamcast. check your cables make sure you have a proper breaker and not one of those shitty biglots or wal mart ones. a real one that has a warenty for this kind of crap. your dc probably overheated due to your fan misaligned or some crap who knows. but i'm pretty sure the psu is just going bad it's improper voltage or you have have purchased the led out of country. or you simply confused the negative and positive ends.

-just a note mister l33t vet with skills. you should know not to hook crap like that up to the main psu if your so into modding and to always use a splitter onto one of the cables ends to do it.

abeisgreat
September 4th, 2006, 06:51
thx but I now know what happend i bought this led at radioshack and i thought it would be good but after closer examination the left and right metal peaces in the led where forged together making a short sucking to much power and not allowing the system to start properly:)

And after replacing the led with a new one it works perfect:)

assesoffire
September 4th, 2006, 11:24
why do you want an LED in the fan anyway? its at the side and you can barely see it

hiplikebadass
September 5th, 2006, 00:47
why do people put neon lightso n the carriage of they're cars? they're idiots with money. live and let live

assesoffire
September 5th, 2006, 14:16
nooo, they glow on the road

ßüboni¢ $oñic
September 6th, 2006, 05:57
carriage? do u mean trunk? either way u gotta open it sumtimes and then u see the neon. we live in the age of the custom community, pls do try to keep up..

assesoffire
September 8th, 2006, 20:14
i think he meant under the side, on the bottom, so they shine on the road

hiplikebadass
September 9th, 2006, 00:35
yea. i'm a little slow sometimes. personally i think they look like crap. i prefer muscle cars though.

abeisgreat
September 10th, 2006, 05:01
a little of topic dont you think?