PDA

View Full Version : HDTV Player for PS2 Blows away Media at GC06

wraggster
September 1st, 2006, 16:13
Press release:

Representatives of the media, retail and distribution gathered at GC in Leipzig, Germany to experience for themselves the latest ground-breaking product from the Xploder team.

Greeted by two HD plasma screens showing a side-by-side comparison of the Xploder HDTV Player versus standard PS2 output, visitors were astounded by the instantly recognisable differences. They were left in no doubt of the visible improvements made by the product - crystal clear graphics, well-proportioned characters, crisp text within on-screen menus, detailed backgrounds, vivid colours and smooth character animation - resulting in dramatically enhanced gameplay.

From driving to fighting, role-play to strategy – almost all games including titles such as Formula One 06, the Godfather, GTA: Liberty City and classic beat-em-ups like Tekken 5 benefit from the improved HD image quality through the HDTV Player (compatible with 90% of all PS2 games). Simply choose your required settings, (480p, 720p, 1080i and numerous VGA modes) position the screen image in the required location and experience games as they were meant to be played.

Xploder HDTV Player is also capable of playing DVDs in High Definition and Enhanced Definition modes.

With consumers still anxious about committing to next generation movie formats, and concerns about the availability and pricing of the PS3, the HDTV Player is a cost-effective alternative for those who want to make the most of their existing HDTV system and current Movie and game collections.

Why wait to play games and DVDs in HD? For just £29.99 / €49.99 / $49.99 you can experience HD quality now! Includes High Quality Component RGB Cable (with composite video adaptor).

StealthCP
September 1st, 2006, 17:16
I knew it wasn't a gimmick. This seems genuine product. I will investigate, maybe even buy one..

gamer456
September 1st, 2006, 17:23
cant wait for it to hit the states

AUTOgod
September 24th, 2006, 23:10
:eek: looks like crap to me, no way can a ps2 manage 720p, let alone 1080, not without being drastically more powerful, even an xbox never did that and the xbox openly supported 'hd' right from production and sale, all i see this doing is enabling 480p instead of 480i, sounds like complete and utter crap, save £29.99/$59.99.:D