PDA

View Full Version : IR shell help

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 03:03
ok heres my question:

in the new version of Ir shell, there is room for 5 shorcuts to hombrew, my question is what folder or file do i put so it can be read......

I know there is a homebrew folder on the root of psp, any help is appreciated, thanks dude:D

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 03:16
in irshell folder, RRight, RLeft etc.

but use the NAME folder not the NAME%

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 05:43
ok, i tried that but when i go to Ir shell it says cannot open application :-(

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 05:45
If you put your NAME and NAME% folders inside GAME, and use the eboot from NAME, it should work...

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 05:52
ummm, so i make a copy of for example nes and nes% inside the irshell root folder and keep the original in the game folder? and where do i put the eboot?

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 05:53
wtf? I've never used shortcuts, but I thought they were links to the eboots inside the GAME folder... :confused:

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 05:56
ummm, ok now im lost!! lol!

so where does the eboot go? for example in the rdown folder what should go in there...

thanks for ur patience video freak

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:01
You know what, I have absolutely no idea. I've never used shortcuts in iR Shell. I'm going to try it out and report later. ;)

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 06:02
no biggy!! thanks for ur time!! u are a legend!! and to that ohter who helped me out first plaquemusic thanks a lot too!!

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:09
Ok, this is what I did. I ran the configurator inside iR Shell. I went to the area where it talks about the shortcuts (analog nub left, right, up, and down). You just type in the location of the NES eboot (PSP/GAME/NES/eboot.pbp) and it will work! :)

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 06:35
:-( it didnt work for me, do i still need something on the irshell folder that located in the root of psp?

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:37
I don't think so...
It worked for me... :(

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:40
Hmmm. I think you should just press the [_] button until you get to the homebrew section and launch from there. ;)

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 06:40
its ok video freak, ur still a great dude for trying to help me, ill jsut keep trying, thanks for all ur help ur rock!!!! :-)

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:42
I did nothing to help you. I failed you. I am sorry. :*(

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 06:50
no!!! my hero..i will take over from here :)

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 06:51
Thanks for picking up for me motoko...

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 06:54
no problem, so he can't get his short cuts to work, let me install ir shell and i'll see what i can do :)

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 06:57
Ok, this is what I did. I ran the configurator inside iR Shell. I went to the area where it talks about the shortcuts (analog nub left, right, up, and down). You just type in the location of the NES eboot (PSP/GAME/NES/eboot.pbp) and it will work! :)
I totaly agree and are you going to keep on changing you sig. LOL

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 07:21
finally, i figured it out.

like plaguemusic said, use the NAME folder and not the NAME%, but here's the trick, instead of putting the NAME folder in one of the RRIGHT, RDOWN...etc. Take out all the files from the NAME folder and put them in the shortcut of your choice, example RRIGHT :)

that should do it, if not, let me know

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 07:26
sweet i got it to work, it was my mistake all along, video_freak was right, this is what i did

i did what video freak told me to do, name the path of the eboot, then move the nes folder to irshell/hombrew/right. that was my mistake i did not put the nes folder where i was making the shorcut!! *embarassed* after that it worked!!!!

thanks video_freak,!!! it was my dumb ass who could not follow instructions, i postrate myself before you!!! you are a GOD among psp users!!

thanks motoko250, that was very helpful as well!! u guys rock!!

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 07:28
what version of irshell are you using?

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 07:33
ir shell .20

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 07:35
for that version you don't really need to put in the paths if you do what i said, then just click on the eboot icons in the menu and it will launch it right away :)

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 07:36
ummm ok let me try it

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 07:37
ok :)

luis_05
September 2nd, 2006, 07:41
wtf!!!! ill be damn!!! thanks dude!!! that was easy!!! lmao, thanks again for all ur help!!! ur now one of my heroes too!!!! :-)

M!ckeY
September 2nd, 2006, 07:44
lol, no problem, we're here to help :)