PDA

View Full Version : dump 2.0 firmware.....

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 04:18
how do i dump 2.0 without upgrading to 2.0.

i have 1.5 firmware, and want to emulate 2.0 through devhook (yes, i use 2.71 too) to use edison carter's cheat device.

anyone know any progs?

SSaxdude
September 2nd, 2006, 05:27
I'm pretty sure you can also use 2.6 with Edison Carter's cheat device. I'll PM you a link to a package of Dev Hook with option to install 2.71 or 2.6 (which is what you want.)

Video_freak
September 2nd, 2006, 05:32
If you need any more help, MSN me at [email protected]. ;)

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 05:34
yet i want 2.0 for the tiff overclocking of a umd and other tiff stuff, i got 2.6 too btw

but my friend wants 2.0 so i wanna use as a POC

GobboFett
September 2nd, 2006, 07:56
To dump a Firmware you need the 2.00 EBOOT file and a program called "PSPBrew". Open up the EBOOT with PSPBrew and extract a file called DATA.PSAR from the EBOOT onto your Hard Drive. Put DATA.PSAR onto the root of your Memory Stick and load up the DevHook Firmware Installer and it will auto load the DATA.PSAR. Let it run and check that you have the file X:/dh/200/reboot.bin on your Memory Stick (X:/ being the MS root). TA DA! you now have 2.00 dumped and can be emulated in DevHook (just remember to select 2.00 in the FW section of DevHook before loading it).

I know this because I still use FW2.00 sometimes when I need to play MP4's. Don't know why, but only 2.00 will play 'em :(

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 20:42
nevermind, dumping 2.0 ONLY works with the old installer not the new one

Kaiser
September 3rd, 2006, 09:08
This is just on the border of our rules here. If you need further help I'd reccomend doing it outside a thread and through PM's or email beyond this point.

Good luck with Devhook! Emulating firmware is easily its best ability. :)