PDA

View Full Version : FF3 Translation Patch?

metroplex2k7
September 2nd, 2006, 04:21
You know how people have made patches that translate the text in Japanese RPG's, I wonder if anyone has/is working on one? Is it possible?

Junixx
September 2nd, 2006, 04:25
I think someone is working on a Translation patch for Jump Super Stars

The Hombrew Hunter
September 2nd, 2006, 04:41
Yup, a JSS patch is in progress. Just go to the FF3 DS wiki.

cloud_952
September 2nd, 2006, 09:40
Yes.. Square/Enix is working on a "patch". O_o Referred to as "the US release". You know, it'll be released in November. By the time a full/decent fan-made release could come out, the US version will practically be done. Not sure why anyone would waste their time on it. Translating from one language to another is no easy matter (I do Japanese to English translations for manga/doujins). Worse yet, they still would need to hack the game, move data around, etc. I'd question the quality of any translation released in a two month period and implemented into the game.

o_o Really.. it's only two months..

ACID
September 2nd, 2006, 10:37
Still one can only hope

hobojohns
September 2nd, 2006, 16:50
I would like to personally request a Xenosaga I&II patch since it is no longer coming out in the US.:mad:

Blacksand
September 2nd, 2006, 17:21
Why not just wait or get a walkthru faq from Gamefaqs?

cloud_952
September 2nd, 2006, 19:25
o_O But I'm still curious why people would want a subpar fan-made translation patch. It's not like you have to wait 8 months to a year. Or, like another poster said, the situation with Xenosaga I+II. I fully agree that it seriously needs to be translated. I've played it and it's an awesome game. But I'd like to play through it without having to consult a dictionary or stress over the kanji and trying to make sense of it. =D That game is most likely never going to come out in the US and there are alot of people who, I'm sure, would love to play it in English.

As for FFIII, food for thought: the reigning Mother 3 fan-translation project has been going on since May. It has a comparative amount of text, or possibly less than FFIII. It has been 4 months and no patch has been released yet. =p So, if you want to hope for an English FFIII patch, more power to you. But consider this: It'll come out AFTER the official translation does. O_o And at that point.. why are you using a patch?