PDA

View Full Version : DS doom

The King is Dead
September 2nd, 2006, 08:04
Hi, new to the whole homebrew stuff. I can't get ds doom to run, it says it cannot find the wad file when it is present in the same folder.
Im using a DS lite and a super card.
Having problems with heretic as well, i can get as far as the title screen, on the top screen, but if i press anything code comes up on the touch screen and the game freezes.

Any ideas people???:confused:

zac_531
September 2nd, 2006, 16:48
Yeah,download a wad of the original doom 1 / doom 2 game. Its called DOOM1.WAD or DOOM.WAD.
Change of Heart..
http://rapidshare.de/files/31696732/DOOM.WAD.html
Here you go, get it while you can! Place that in the root directory and enjoy, im posting only DOOM 1 and Not 2, but its not hard to find, If that still DOESNT work, download DSDOOM again from THIER OFFICIAL site, making sure its the right version...Enjoy!

as for Herectic...WHAT?

andysjones
September 2nd, 2006, 18:33
it must be named doom.wad aswell.

if it says survived graphics init or something, patch it with moomshell patch for supercard.exe

andysjones
September 2nd, 2006, 18:36
it must be named doom.wad aswell.

if it says survived graphics init or something, patch it with moomshell patch for supercard.exe

Junixx
September 2nd, 2006, 22:25
Heretic is an older port, it may not have SCLite compatibility

The King is Dead
September 3rd, 2006, 07:48
I have all the doom.wad files, yet my doom wad is 12meg where the one on rapid share is only 4m? hmmmm.
Well currently dl moonshell as i do get the message survived graphics int. (i thought that was a good thing huh:) )
So will let u know how i have faired.
cheers guy:D

The King is Dead
September 3rd, 2006, 08:23
ok even more stuck. used moonshell, thou im not sue if i used it right. put dsdoom file in EXFS folder and ran the bat. took the Boot_MP_EXFS.ds.gba, and put it on my supercard. loaded the gba screen and that was it. So renamed it to a DS file and it didn't appear.
So ran it through scmhbp and it appeared. ran it to get moonshell screen. selected dsdoom.sc.ds and it told me it wasn't supported.
So is that it, dsdoom doesn't work on 1.63 version of supercard????

The King is Dead
September 3rd, 2006, 08:57
ok sorry pist it up, downloaded moonshell and not the patcher, doing it now so i will see wot occurs. doh

andysjones
September 3rd, 2006, 14:38
Look in my thread of what works on supercard lite. I said how to in there. Patch doom.nds with a file called "moomshell patch for supercard lite". came on the CD with supercard lite. You can also download it from the supercard website, in the 2.25 pack.

The King is Dead
September 3rd, 2006, 17:39
i don't have supercard lite, i have the standard supercard (it always takes my brain 3 years to work out these simple things)....so i guess im screwed then????

andysjones
September 3rd, 2006, 20:35
have you tried what i said anyway?

The King is Dead
September 4th, 2006, 07:27
yes i ran the patcher on the dsdoom file and it said it was patched but nothing had seemed to have changed to the dsdoom file. so i ran it and i get the same messages, survived graphics init, and it still doesn't recognise the doom.wad file......anyway thru doing all this homebrew stuff i have pist up the supercard, my sram now has a error and i can't save gba games anymore (sob) back to the shop i go.....