PDA

View Full Version : Question for M3ers

Blacksand
September 2nd, 2006, 17:18
I was wondering if anyone has gotten backups from Genesis, SNES, MaMe to work on the M3 with passcard 3.

I have been successful in getting NDS, GBA, and NES games working.

If you've had success with any of these how, when I try running any of the backups I get a whitescreen and my NDS freezes. I'm really confused at this point. I haven't found a Faq for the M3 and emulation anywhere does anyone know of any?:confused:

dkjr83
September 2nd, 2006, 17:46
For genesis games, you'll need the latest version of picodriveds. Once you've gotten that on your card, boot it up and then load the roms on it just like you would with any other emulator.

Blacksand
September 2nd, 2006, 18:02
I've tried that, all I get is a quick flash and I think it says appending all ROMs but its so fast I can't read it, then the screens turn black and thats all I get in NDS mode. In GBA mode it tries to load and then the screens go out like its powered off but the power lights are on. DO you have to patch the roms or something.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 2nd, 2006, 18:06
No, no, no....You get PicoDrive DS 0.1.5, put it on your memory card, put genesis roms on the card, and boot up in DS mode. Press A TWICE over Picodriveds.ds.gba. Find the rom, and enjoy.

Same with SnezziDS.

MaMe? WTF is that? MarcaDS?

dkjr83
September 2nd, 2006, 18:20
No, no, no....You get PicoDrive DS 0.1.5, put it on your memory card, put genesis roms on the card, and boot up in DS mode. Press A TWICE over Picodriveds.ds.gba. Find the rom, and enjoy.

Same with SnezziDS.

MaMe? WTF is that? MarcaDS?

That's strange. My method works for me. I just start picodrive with start, not A.

Talka1ot
September 2nd, 2006, 19:28
You posted this on the m3 board like just before you posted it here, why?

Anyways, I'm not even sure 99% of all mame games are playable and 100% of no sound. SNES is pretty low sucess rate as well.

Blacksand
September 2nd, 2006, 20:03
You posted this on the m3 board like just before you posted it here, why?

Anyways, I'm not even sure 99% of all mame games are playable and 100% of no sound. SNES is pretty low sucess rate as well.

Actually it was after and I didn't know they were connected in anyway as far as users. Yes I assumed some were on both but not all thats why. Secondly ok thx on the info Mame won't work, I won't bother with it for awhile then.

THH Mame is the arcade emulation, I have a few gaes that I love from the arcade and was just hoping to get them to work, and thx I'll try your method this time. The more I learn the easier it will be for me to help others as they come :p

The Hombrew Hunter
September 2nd, 2006, 20:43
I know what MAME is, but there is no DS Mame. Just MarcaDS.

Talka1ot
September 3rd, 2006, 02:11
yeah, there are some arcade games not on the namco classics(you know, if you want to use games from those just download that rom) and other classic collections that I wouldn't mind trying on DS either.

And no, there really isn't a connection between the boards but I just browse both occasionally.