PDA

View Full Version : Mod chip installers

mavsman4457
September 2nd, 2006, 20:03
I am thinking of buying a modcip because then I won't have to worry about the newest firmware's features and me missing out on them (which I haven't and won't worry about it until the release of PS3). I cannot solder and the installation service is a little pricey. Does anyone know of other installation services or what kind of local place could do it for me? Or even if any of you have done it I might be interested in paying you to do it.

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 20:43
you probably know this but..

devhook is out there :D but i doubt we'll decrypt 3.0 so you'll get the ps1 emu

Sorry, but i dont know but theres this guy in the uk (one of the devs here) that will

mavsman4457
September 2nd, 2006, 21:16
Thanks. I've already PMed MikeDX, I think that's his name, and like Pyro something about there installations to see if they could do it for me. Is there anyone else that could install the mod chip for me or tell where I should go for help?

PlagueMusic
September 2nd, 2006, 21:31
if you go to school, and have a myspace.

go on your schoool message board, ask someone if they have experience in soldering

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 00:04
Hahaha, I used to have a myspace but then I realized how sketchy it was and that half of the people on that site are sexual predators so then I stopped. Thanks for the idea though.

JD/
September 3rd, 2006, 00:14
Is a modchip confirmed to work with 3.00 cause if it aint I would wait but anyway if you go to any electronics shop you can get them to solder it for you for a cheap price my friend got his done for cheap in a uk store.

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 02:19
OK thanks. Yea I guess that's a good idea to wait until it is confirmed.

PlagueMusic
September 3rd, 2006, 02:25
they guarentee to crack all firmwares. i forgot where it was posted but they said that when 2.8 came out. Btw, they did crack 2.8 but idk about 3.0 might take long.

Lodis
September 3rd, 2006, 02:37
I got my Modchip installed in the UK by a guy from Maxconsole. He not only did an excellent job, he also did the Xland USB Mod so the USB isn't hanging loose, instead it has a mini USB Port neatly at the side near the battery compartment. He charged £30 plus Postage or you can visit him and wait for it to be done. It takes him about an hour and 30 mins or less to do. I recommend him 100%, in fact I could not recommend him more!!

If you are interested, go to the Maxconsole unofficial UP chip forum and post that you are looking for a Modchip installer in the UK. You will have to buy the Modchip yourself since he does not supply. You can get it from modchip-store.co.uk for £54. They also do an installation service but I have no experience of this.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about this, I would be happy to help. The Modchip is great, I have used Epsilon but at the moment I am just running standard 1.5 firmware with no worries about bricking as well as being able to test programs to help out Devs :)

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 03:11
I would love to do that but how much do you think shipping would be from East coast USA?

Edit: JD, by electronics shop I am assuming that you don't mean gamestop or something like that. I can't really think of any electronics shops around where I live.

Lodis
September 3rd, 2006, 03:17
I would love to do that but how much do you think shipping would be from East coast USA?

Edit: JD, by electronics shop I am assuming that you don't mean gamestop or something like that. I can't really think of any electronics shops around where I live.

I have no idea how much shipping would be but it would be expensive and you could get unlucky with import/export VAT. Another thing to consider is how much the Psp gets rough handled in the Post. I think there is another installer on Maxconsole who is closer to the USA but the best thing to do is post up what you want done and clearly state your location. There are quite a few very trusted installers on Maxconsole and lots of feedback from happy customers as well.

mavsman4457
September 3rd, 2006, 03:20
OK thank you. Looks like I'm headed to maxconsole.

Edit: OK so from the ten minutes that I was over there the mod chip sounds kind of complicated. Also, it sounds like I'd better get a good installer if I'm going to get it because the modchipstore didn't do a very good job of installing it or something like that. Just curious and not like I would actually buy it or you would actually want to sell it, what price would someone have to say for you to sell your modded PSP to them?