PDA

View Full Version : Does any one know that mod for MML to go into sleep mode??

Jayjames
September 2nd, 2006, 22:15
thx peeps!!!

Solitude
September 2nd, 2006, 22:50
If you mean the hardware mod, you will need to somehow connect 1st and 7th pins on the card. Put the card before you, label should be under and pins must be top and facing you. The first pin is the leftmost one.
I'd advise strongly against it, if you do not know what you are doing, there are many users who bricked their DS.

Qerppsmmnx
September 3rd, 2006, 06:29
why don't you just exchange MML with a donor card, cause it'll sleep that way.

Jayjames
September 3rd, 2006, 07:59
well my mate is a soldering genius, so if it definately works, i`ll do it. have people done it correctly and its still bricked their DS?

thx

Jayjames
September 3rd, 2006, 08:00
why don't you just exchange MML with a donor card, cause it'll sleep that way.

i looked at my donor card and couldn`t see where to plug it in to my DS?

Solitude
September 3rd, 2006, 16:44
It works though noone posted info about long term use. And to use the donor card, after you started the application you are using, just remove MMD and insert the donor (any original DS game) into Slot 1. Now you can use the sleep function normally.

Chrizmiller
September 4th, 2006, 10:35
Version 1.2 of the Max Media Player software seems to support sleep mode now.
You can download it from the codejunkies site, not sure of the address as not at my own PC at the mo.

Tried it last night with Super Mario 64DS and when closing the lid Mario said Bye Bye and it powered off, reopening took me back to where I was before closing.

Solitude
September 5th, 2006, 11:46
I am starting to wonder if Datel is using forum agents to advertise its hardware... People with 1-2 posts start to pop around and mislead people with false information.
As I said before, I am repeating here:

Sleep Function does NOT work 1.2 as you state. I tried with the same game with the same conditions. Two possible reasons;
1. It's rumored that Datel fixed the new MMP cart. so you got a new cart. with sleep function fixed.
2. You had a donor cart. in Slot 1 instead of MMP cart. which would fix the sleep problem.

Please delete 1.2 bootme.nds and try with that also, you will see that 1.2 has no connection with the sleep problem.
And as far as we know NO firmware update can fix this problem because it is hardware related (crappy wiring) not firmware related.

Solitude
September 5th, 2006, 11:49
i looked at my donor card and couldn`t see where to plug it in to my DS?
After you have loaded Max Overload and the games are listed, remove your MMP (NOT MMD :D Remove the small cart. in Slot 1). Insert the donor card. Now you can use Sleep function like normal.

Chrizmiller
September 5th, 2006, 16:44
Only just got my MMP on saturday, Got the dock and using my own CF card.

I guess they must have fixed the cards.

Just checked with Mario 64DS again and it definately goes into sleep mode. Mario says goodbye and then the DS goes into sleep mode, with the greenpower light flashing and then when reopening it goes bac to where I was.

Also removed the bootme.nds to use the original firmware (not 1.2 I checked) and that works with sleep mode aswell.