PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing scummvm

Mr.Denny
September 2nd, 2006, 22:33
Ok guys, if anyone can give me a step by step installation guide i`d really appreciate it.

Btw, my PSP is a 2.6.

M!ckeY
September 3rd, 2006, 00:04
did you get the eboot in 1.0 format?

bah
September 3rd, 2006, 11:14
On your PC with PSP connected:

Download the latest version from http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27580

Extract the zip to somewhere on your pc with winrar or similar.

Browse to the folder named 'single-eboot', inside it is another folder named 'scummvm-0.9.0-psp' Copy this folder to your psp's GAME directory <your PSP's Drive letter in windows>/PSP/GAME

Thats all for the actual app, then just find the SCUMM game you want to play and copy the entire game folder to /PSP/GAME/scummvm-0.9.0-psp/
IE. /PSP/GAME/scummvm-0.9.0-psp/DOTT is the path on my PSP that has all the files from the PC game Day of the Tentacle inside it.

On your PSP:

Once thats all copied you can just choose scummvm from your eloader, then using the analogue stick to move the cursor(x to click/double click), select 'add game...', browse into the scumm games directory (DOTT for me) and hit 'choose'. It will show u some info on the game, just hit ok.

The game will then be in the game list and selected when u load scummvm from then on, just 'click' on start to play the game.

NOTE: If you want to play a 'talkie' release, your going to want to compress the games MONSTER.SOU to an mp3 archive instead of a wav archive unless you have several 100mb of memory stick space to waste. There is a tool available on the scrummvm official site that does it automatically.

If you get that far and are unsure just pm me and ill send you the app/details on how to use it.

Hope that helps n wasnt too simplistic.

Mr.Denny
September 3rd, 2006, 15:59
EDIT---------------

I got it working :)

I did what you said and put my eloader at 333mhz

Thanks a bunch Bah, you`re a top class guy. ;)

bah
September 3rd, 2006, 17:24
No probs mate, you can use 333 if u get slowdown in a game, Day of the Tentacle talkie version ran flawlessly for me on 222(default) though.