PDA

View Full Version : the emulators that WON'T run on a PSP

Mr_Biggs
September 3rd, 2006, 19:50
ive seen some questions asked about certain emu's for the psp and ds, silly ones, but good ones asked due to lack of knowledge. so, im making this thread, to show new ppl what will not run on a psp, and give some general pointers.

WHAT WILL NOT RUN OR BE BOTHERED WITH:
Dreamcast
PS2
Xbox
Gamecube
DS
system name here

GENERAL EMULATION POINTERS:
to emulate a game system, the system to run the emulator on must be 7 times as powerful(as ive heard) so, a psp with it's 333mhz processor will NOT run a dreamcast emulator, as the dreamcast has a 200mhz processor. same goes for PS2 on psp, with almost the same specs, and xbox, which is twice as powerful as a psp.

so, in recap:
if a game system is close to as powerful as the system to have an emulator, that system cannot be emulated.

Now, if anyone asks for a dreamcast or DS emulator, you have exposed yourself to the line of dissing fire. the info is RIGHT HERE(well, up there ^) and there's no excuse not to have it.(if it gets stickied hint hint)

BL4Z3D247
September 3rd, 2006, 20:14
u forgot PS3, Xbox360, Wii :p lol

dejkirkby
September 3rd, 2006, 21:27
Sega Saturn

Accordion
September 3rd, 2006, 22:19
sorry but this thread is pointless

anyone who is silly enough to think such systems can be emulated, will not be smart enough to check this thread before screaming for such emulator to be released.

assesoffire
September 3rd, 2006, 22:36
i would love a saturn emu.

good idea for a thread btw, i hate the idiots who want DC on psp

Mr_Biggs
September 4th, 2006, 02:37
oops forgot the "and newer" part. i think saturn could run on a psp, the ps1 can!

donne
September 4th, 2006, 08:05
How about Jaguar or 3DO ? Is it possible ? Imho I don't think PSP can do Saturn.. From what I heard it's one complicated machine than the 'easy-going' PS..

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 08:12
The Saturn is way to complex for PSP to handle, apparently