PDA

View Full Version : What Emulator WON'T run on a DS *N64*

Mr_Biggs
September 3rd, 2006, 21:06
I've seen some questions asked about certain emu's for the PSP and DS, silly ones, but good ones asked due to lack of knowledge. so, I'm making this thread, to show new people what will not run on a DS, and give some general pointers.

WHAT WILL NOT RUN OR BE BOTHERED WITH:
Sony Playstation
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
and anything newer

GENERAL EMULATION POINTERS:
To emulate a game system, the system to run the emulator on must be 7 times as powerful(as I've heard) so, a DS with it's 67(?)MHz processor will NOT run a N64 emulator, as the N64 has a 97mhz processor. same goes for Playstation on DS, with lesser specs.

So, in recap:
if a game system is close to as powerful as the system to have an emulator, that system cannot be emulated.

Now, if anyone asks for a N64 emulator, you have exposed yourself to the line of dissing fire. The info is RIGHT HERE(well, up there ^) and there's no excuse not to have it.

andysjones
September 3rd, 2006, 21:40
The grey are is MAME. What kind of mame roms can be emulated?

battleroyalex
September 3rd, 2006, 21:45
This needs to be stickied, basically anything past the SNES / SEGA Era of consoles will never work on the ds. With the exception of mame.

Mr_Biggs
September 4th, 2006, 03:27
well, no one knows as no mame emus have been made. but i can guarantee pac man will run!

kungfoosing
September 4th, 2006, 03:45
oooohhhh! MAME on the DS! I hadn't thought of that one. NBA jam in my pocket "IS IT THE SHOES???!??"

Shame I have no talent to contribute to getting a MAME emu together for the DS...

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 18:38
Stickied for relevance.

Now people MIGHT not post stupid "Omfg lawl n64 emu pl0x lol" threads.

Junixx
September 9th, 2006, 18:55
Thanks, it'll help

JKKDARK
September 9th, 2006, 18:58
Thanks, Mr_Biggs.

Mr_Biggs
September 9th, 2006, 19:10
wow, ive done something good. i think im gonna cry. you're welcome guys.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 19:15
You owe me for the sticky, hehe.

*The Grammar Nazi Returns to FFIII*

Mazza
September 9th, 2006, 22:56
but Super Mario 64 works so why can't there be an N64 Emu

;)

pibs
September 9th, 2006, 23:14
yea I know, I am very very confused @_@

Mr_Biggs
September 10th, 2006, 02:12
aight, ill explain it for you. to emulate a system such as the 64, the ds must be 6 or 7 times as powerful. its not. and, some of the textures in SM64 are lower quality if you notice. now quit asking these questions!

BL4Z3D247
September 10th, 2006, 02:19
hey Hombrew(sorry for being off topic :)), congrats on achieving your dream of being a DCEmu Grammar Nazi :D, and nice idea Mr_Biggs, for the "emus that won't run on..." list(for noobs)

Mr_Biggs
September 11th, 2006, 02:39
thanks man, we're just two geniuses, doing what we do best. whatever it is, we will keep it up!

souLLy
September 11th, 2006, 17:57
6 or 7 times isn't strictly true, there are lots of considerations to take into account when talking about emulation on the ds. From RAM to Processor Speed etc etc. The point that you're unlikely to see an n64 emulator that can play mario 64 at more than one frame per second remains true.

Mario 64 DS was coded specifically for the DS from the original source code, it wasn't emulated. That's why it runs full speed.

Neversoft
September 14th, 2006, 15:58
I may help clarify the situation if we used the word "translator" or "interpreter" instead of "emulator" - like the OP said, the target machine has to be several times faster than the system being emulated as the target system has to be capable of translating the original code into code that it can execute and then executing it, on-the-fly, without slowdown.

Mame stands for "Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator" in other words, it emulates numerous systems. Now, I expect a DS running a Mame port could probably cope with any roms up to the early (and possibly mid) 90s without having to slow down but beyond that, you'd be pushing it.

Kaspanova
September 22nd, 2006, 18:00
Mario 64 DS was coded specifically for the DS from the original source code, it wasn't emulated. That's why it runs full speed.

Amen. ported games are never emulated, always recoded from scratch. or near as scratch.

Mazza
September 22nd, 2006, 23:52
notice the ;) at the end of my post

Mariopop87
September 23rd, 2006, 00:26
For a sec I was like "wha?"

Then I realized why you did that.

Kaspanova
September 23rd, 2006, 20:14

Doh! haha

dhatt1
October 8th, 2006, 22:41
Im going to as something that might make you huys cringe (Im new); Where do you get the emulators that will run on the DS itself? Also, will they work with Superkey and Supercard?

Thanks in advance!

houseonfire
October 10th, 2006, 05:29
... I have a genesis emulator on my DS. And i have some games also. Works fine.

pibs
October 10th, 2006, 05:47
u guys didn't mention cps1, so its possible to run on ds?

Cheatsurfer
November 15th, 2006, 23:14
No N64? That sucks... At least I hadn't asked yet. We need to beg Rare to release Goldeneye 007 for the DS. I'd buy it, no questions asked!

Cheatsurfer
November 15th, 2006, 23:20
Nevermind, I just remembered that Rare was bought out by Microsoft... We'll never see Goldeneye 64 again... :'( Alas, Goldeneye...

Epicenter
November 24th, 2006, 18:37
ROMs for arcade systems that use a processor equal to or less powerful than an M68000, basically.

Epicenter
November 24th, 2006, 18:38
ROMs for arcade systems that use a processor equal to or less powerful than an M68000 around 8 MHz, basically. Pretty much any arcade system less beefy than the MD/Genesis.

chiken_boi
April 7th, 2007, 22:14
No N64? That sucks... At least I hadn't asked yet. We need to beg Rare to release Goldeneye 007 for the DS. I'd buy it, no questions asked!

um golden eye:rouge agent?

Mr_Biggs
April 8th, 2007, 23:17
damn, dude. you've apparently never played either one or the other if you think rouge agent is on par with goldeneye 007.

gronne
April 20th, 2007, 22:43
I'm by no means an expert but doesn't emulation also depend on factors like similar hardware? I have in mind N64 and the psp had some similar hardware that made it a lot easier to port it to the psp.

Mr_Biggs
May 1st, 2007, 14:38
yeah, similar hardware makes things easier, since that's a bit of hardware that doent need to be emulated. idk abou the psp and n64, but that was a bit of magic there.

XioN980
June 2nd, 2007, 17:23
My few pennies worth on this topic:

1) Good idea, first off but i have a few suggestions man:

2) N64 emulation CAN happen, just not COMMERCIAL roms, PD roms (or public domain) only draw on the framebuffer and not technical features such as COP1(floating point)/COP2(vectors) etc, and in my opinion a lot of the PD roms for the n64 rock!

3) Hardware is too broader term also (this is directed at gronne) they both use MIPS CPU's but they're are certain other features that the PSP lacks and that is the "Magic" that Mr Biggs reffers to.

4) 6/7 times is not a general rule, it just depends on the console in question, ie, the limitations it imposes that the cpu needs to make up for.

Hope thats a little more specific for everyone ;)

Mr_Biggs
June 3rd, 2007, 16:18
Thanks for the input Xion.

When i say N64 emulation cant happen on a DS, i mean you cant have all the hardware emulated to the point we have playable commercial games. if your description of emulation was the true definition, then dreamcast on xbox would be considered possible, even though it would be the BIOS menu only.

the N64 emu on psp, and not it's functions, is magic, friend. ;D if the PSP had some better games and went without FW updates, i would buy one.

I know the x6/7 power statement isnt a rule of thumb, but i said that as a bare minimum for systems.

XioN980
June 3rd, 2007, 16:34
i knew you meant commerical games ;)
I'll admit i was a little pedantic but it just annoys me sometimes when people say"XXX emulation isn't possible" full emulation isn't but 7 times in 10 PD roms can be, if people support homebrew surely they would enjoy N64 homebrew games (although the emulators available for the N64 will probably not run ;))

Go here for several PD Roms:

i reccomend the pong game, it actually works nice and smooth as apposed to a lot of pong hacks which just plain suck, if i ever get some time i may do an N64 PD Rom emu just for a joke lol.

But dont quote me on that rofl

peace out

name_name1
July 11th, 2007, 21:28
You can shove your stickies up your arse.

Mr_Biggs
July 13th, 2007, 01:21
i dont have room to shove "your stickies up your arse", your head is taking up too much room. did you join DCEmu just to make that crappy stupid comment? you do know, fighting online is like competing in the special olympics. even if you win, you're still retarded.

pgtyner
September 7th, 2007, 18:13
Processor speed isn't all that you have to consider an 8-bit processor running at 16mhz is not faster than a 16-bit processor running at 12mhz.

pgtyner
September 7th, 2007, 18:16
The DS and the N64 might be different speeds but is the processor the same? I have a Centrino Dus that is clocked slower than my Athlon was but runs much faster....

juz098
September 30th, 2007, 22:29
Well Mr Biggs explain me this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-DUawYUtXo

WHAT WILL NOT RUN OR BE BOTHERED WITH:
Sony Playstation
Sega Saturn
Nintendo 64
Neo-Geo MVS(?)
and anything newer

GENERAL EMULATION POINTERS:
to emulate a game system, the system to run the emulator on must be 7 times as powerful(as ive heard) so, a DS with it's 67(?)mhz processor will NOT run a N64 emulator, as the N64 has a 97mhz processor. same goes for playstation on ds, with lesser specs.

so, in recap:
if a game system is close to as powerful as the system to have an emulator, that system cannot be emulated.

Now, if anyone asks for a N64 or NGMVS emulator, you have exposed yourself to the line of dissing fire. the info is RIGHT HERE(well, up there ^) and there's no excuse not to have it.(if it gets stickied hint hint)

WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U WERE WRONG NOOB!!!

JKKDARK
September 30th, 2007, 22:46

It's fake. At least please read the comments.

Mr_Biggs
October 1st, 2007, 14:52

Alright then. That is a video of a extremly bored man who wants to trick people into thinking he was in possesion of a N64 emulator coded for DS. he managed this by recording a video (on a computer) of a N64 emulator running a game. he then converted that video to the DPG format used by moonshell. he did this to trick noobs like you. Thank god nobody has made a video of halo 1 running on a PC, then played in DPG on a DS.

cosidering your post count is 1, im going to guess you joined DCEmu just to post this. thanks for joining, but next time keep your first post to the introduction thread.

dark__echoes
October 5th, 2007, 01:42
I'm wondering, what about a hack or something to lower ther quality of a rom, so the ds can handle it? im not sure if this is posiple or anything, im just being hopefull ;-)

p.s. i joind DCEmu for homebrew roms, but i'm useing the fourms more and more

JKKDARK
October 5th, 2007, 01:54
I'm wondering, what about a hack or something to lower ther quality of a rom, so the ds can handle it? im not sure if this is posiple or anything, im just being hopefull ;-)

p.s. i joind DCEmu for homebrew roms, but i'm useing the fourms more and more

mm no, it's not possible.

Obviously, a game with less graphics will be more easy. Just like PCSX2 (the PS2 emulator for PC): Most of the 2D games run with better speed than the 3D games.

Mr_Biggs
October 5th, 2007, 14:46
You've got the right idea Dark_Echoes, a game with less 3D graphics will run better on a emulator than ones with more detailed 3D. for example, i can play Marvel vs. Capcom II X (mostly 2D for those who dont know) for dreamcast on my old 2GHz PC with NullDC, and it runs fairly nice. but then when i try to run something like Dead or Alive 2 or Shenmue, the framrate drops horribly.

But as i've said before, the newer system must be more powerful than your target system in order to even partially emulate it. the DS isn't as powerful as a N64, so i doubt it could even run a tech demo. i honestly wouldnt want to see a N64 emulator on the DS, the screen is a crappy resolution, and i dont have my analog stick and some other buttons. so even if we had a fully-functional one, it would be a bitch to play.

EDIT:Yo JKKDark, i bought a PC a month back that can run PCSX2, but all ive got to show for it is the PS2 BIOS. if i wanted to run a commercial game that i borrowed from my brother in law, will the disk be detected in my DVD drive? i havent found any clear answers on that.

JKKDARK
October 5th, 2007, 14:52
EDIT:Yo JKKDark, i bought a PC a month back that can run PCSX2, but all ive got to show for it is the PS2 BIOS. if i wanted to run a commercial game that i borrowed from my brother in law, will the disk be detected in my DVD drive? i havent found any clear answers on that.

Yes, you can run the games from the DVD-Drive ;)

Mr_Biggs
October 6th, 2007, 14:47
thanks bud, now all i need is to hear that MGS3 is playable.(i know it isnt as of 1.9.2).

i've gotten hold of some betas of emulators in development by offering my services as a compatibility tester with games, hardware, Widescreen and Vista. not naming any names but that's the way to go if you want better performance before anyone else. :D

Mr_Question
November 7th, 2007, 17:09
I've just browsed through all the pages and noticed it hasn't been asked so here goes:

Can the Original Nokia N-Gage games be emulated on the DS?

If not, what would be the restriction in it happening?

JKKDARK
November 7th, 2007, 23:50
I've just browsed through all the pages and noticed it hasn't been asked so here goes:

Can the Original Nokia N-Gage games be emulated on the DS?

If not, what would be the restriction in it happening?

You should need a Symbian 60 emulator

spannernick
January 30th, 2008, 16:14
Hi all
Would it be possible to emulate a Amiga 500 on the DS..?

JKKDARK
January 30th, 2008, 16:32
Hi all
Would it be possible to emulate a Amiga 500 on the DS..?

Seeing its specs, I think it's totally possible. I don't know if someone is working on it actually.

spannernick
January 30th, 2008, 18:40
Here is winfellow for the pc maybe it could be ported

http://fellow.sourceforge.net/

The source is on the site too..

spannernick
February 2nd, 2008, 14:51
Look here..

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148013433#post2148013433

Sonny_Jim
February 2nd, 2008, 19:51
I think the Amiga has a lot of custom chipsets that are difficult to emulate. I seem to remember needing at least a Pentium 200MHz to use Amiga emulators but if you code it right it's probably possible to get something going.

Eviltaco64
February 2nd, 2008, 20:08
Do you think Neo-Geo CD might be possible?

Mr_Biggs
February 3rd, 2008, 14:02
I haven't had much experience with the Amiga(see: no clue on specs), but seeing how it's on most people's minds, I think it would be emulated if possible.

As for Neo-Geo CD, it takes a PSP just to halfway emulate it. Or was it a GP2X...

spannernick
February 6th, 2008, 21:09
How about making a workbench like windows for the DS,so you click on a icon on the workbench to look at your sd card in a window and run games and stuff from it..?

edmazing
February 10th, 2008, 05:36
I feel sad that there's nothing we can do to emulate the 64, I would love kirby 64,
with no way to down grade the commercal rom or make an emulator that does that, I think that the ds sucks, when I put an I pod skin on it I thought it was all powerful, I guess I was worng

Eviltaco64
February 10th, 2008, 08:34
Yeah, DS emulating Nintendo 64 is like a Nintendo 64 trying to emulate Playstation. It's impossible.

NitsujX
February 15th, 2008, 21:10
DS = GBA x4.
*sighs*
Actually, I'm fairly certain the DS could be overclocked to = GBA x7.
Heh.

RemyK313
February 23rd, 2008, 13:55
Man, this thread is just chock full of misinformation and plain not-knowing...

Why is emulation for the N64 unlikely? Because it would be really difficult to set up a hypervisor or any sort of high-level emulation like the kind that was implemented for the first N64 emulators....

If you compare the hardware in the 64 and the DS, you'll see that they come from similar architectures. Sure, they're not the same family, but say I wanted to chock up a very quick program to run on the 64... that same code could be run on either of the DSs processors with very little change....

However, to implement emulation for the 64, you'd have to implement emulation for ALL of its parts. That's not all that crazy of a feat, just I don't really know how you'd get it running all in tandem, and at a decent speed...

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with that stupid, "you need 7 times the power" rule. That's just a plain dumb statement. I mean, not only is power defined by the people who say this only in terms of processing speed, but they obviously don't look at history.

The 64 ran at about 93Mhz and within its viable life was "emulated" (it was a high-level thing, which is weird because it didn't really emuate, as it did hack and hotspot its way through) on machines that were running at 250Mhz or so...

About 90% of all emulation is done because developers have two things : knowledge of the systems they're working to develop for, and documentation for the thing they're trying to emulate...

However, the big problem with emulation ISN'T necessarily with what functions in the system are supported on a hardware level, but how those systems communicate with each other.....

For instance, when it comes to Saturn emulation, their DSP uses chips which have no documentation out on them. So, we may never see perfect Saturn sound emulation......

As for "an 8-bit processor running at 16Mhz isn't faster than a 16-bit processor running at 12Mhz" why? Do you specifically know what the CPI is for the processors? Or what applications are going to be run on it? If the byte/word size is the same for both processors and they're running the same code, then yeah, the 8-bit processor's going to be faster.. A 75Mhz FPGA made to encode MPEG-2 video will do it faster than a 3300Mhz Pentium 4 that's encoding on top of an operating system.

The straight truth is that the reason you won't see N64 emulation isn't necessarily because of power, but because hypervising, or HLE can't be directly(easily) be translated to the DS. Part of that is because there still isn't full documentation for all of the parts of the 64 or the DS, and the other reason is because the two systems have different hardware configurations which makes a direct translation difficult, if not impossible.

But who knows. If you have enough documentation generally these things are done.....

For instance, if I had an intimate knowledge of the DS' hardware (which, about 80 percent of all homebrew for the DS relies on knowing the system well) there's no reason why I couldn't whip up a direct ARM translation for MAME... considering MAME source code is fairly easy to read, and documented to the best of their abilities.....

I know that part of the reason why you can't run MAME straight as an ARM port has something to do with instruction memory, or immediate data memory available to the DS..... something to do with 32Mbits... and MAME is well over that size...

But just look at MarcaDS. He basically did exactly what I just mentioned : he whipped up some ARM code, probably churned it through DevKitARM, and just "saw how it went." He pared down the size of the supported drivers, and ONLY implemented the drivers for the games he wanted to emulate, namely Pac-Man...

There's no reason why that same exact process couldn't be done for other MAME games on a game-to-game basis. Especially when you consider other developers have already found a way to use a slot-2 card as an extra RAM system. If you email the guy who came up with a way to use slot-2 as extra program data, and the developer for MarcaDS for their code, there's no reason why they wouldn't give it to you...

Especially for MAME. Since he's already done the translation for a few games, chances are he's already developed the MAME core. From thereon, all you'd have to is individually translate individual drivers... It becomes a task in busy-work....

But I mean, this is stuff that's obvious to anyone that actually develops, and actually gets into the hardware. It also becomes apparent to those who are new to the hobby, and pick up devkitpro and a few assembly lessons......

But where in the crap do these magic numbers come from? All this instant benchmarking and machine comparisons with absolutely no benchmarking standards? It's almost like listening to old wives' tales. You know, like how you shouldn't eat a bowl of cherries with milk? Yeah, exactly like that is why you need 7 times the power to "emulate" anything on anything....:rolleyes:

Mr_Biggs
February 24th, 2008, 14:07
Hey, welcome to DCEmu.

That's quite the bit of contradiction there, mate. You seem to make some good points, but now I'll toss a few your way.

Yes, back in the first years of N64 emulation, you could use a 250Mhz Pentium II to emulate some games. But we're not talking about a 250Mhz processor here, the DS has a 67 and 33 Mhz processor, which you can't say total up to 100 Mhz, due to needing to run separate processes on them. So it's even weaker than the 64.

And while we're on that note, what's similar between a DS and a N64? I know there wasn't an ARM processor inside a N64. Sure, they both use cartridges and used 3D graphics, but that's like comparing a SNES to a Genesis. Only similarities I see.

The "magic number" that was described throughout this thread is based from observation, as a figure needed for full emulation. If you think it's a old wifes' tale, write us an emulator that can play Super Mario 64. To my knowledge, one system has never been emulated at or lesser than it's native system's specs.

And honestly, if it was possible, somebody would have done it already.

P.S. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Hypervisor used to create a virtual platform for an operating systems(i.e not an emulator), such as Linux on Xbox 360?

RemyK313
February 29th, 2008, 10:02
MHz is not an accurate benchmark for speed. Like I said earlier, an el-cheapo FPGA clocked at 50MHz can encode MPEG-2 video faster than a 3Ghz Pentium 4.

The clock speed doesn't contribute entirely when benchmarking. In fact, reducing a processor's CPI and using more efficient instructions is a much, much better way to gain performance..

As for the ARM processor, I was comparing the way that ARM and MIPS are coded for. They're similar architectures, and if you can program for one, then programming for the other one requires very little conversion. All RISC processors have a similar way of being coded for. It's kinda like how if you know C# you can typically read through Java without too much confusion.

The way that 3D graphics are handled on the 64 and DS are really different, and neither of which are documented very well (well, the ARM7TDMI processor is documented REALLY well :) )... what with Nintendo not actually having released any official documentation for the system, and the fact that none of the official SDKs have been leaked (except for one of the earliest ones). We end up kinda shooting in the dark with the 3D stuff a lot more than with the 2D ones. I'd say that translating the 3D stuff on the DS in ANY manner is difficult because the parts are so different. There is no direct translation. The guys who wrote UltraHLE ingeniously figured out that the 64 makes calls to the hardware in a really high level format. From there, they implemented functionality for those high level calls at the low level. Add in a ton of hacks for speed, and you've got an emulator for a console during the period of its commercial viability.

So what's similar? For one, the base the systems sit on are accessible to developers in a similar fashion. I never intended to say that the two systems had similar hardware configurations, my point was the opposite : the two systems have profiles that are radically different...

If in fact there could be a way to implement the 64's weird RCP directly through the DS' shadowy 3D modules, I doubt there'd really be too much else to stop it from being able to do the 64. The 64 got its "64" from that crazy RCP that they implemented, and a million things in that part of the system make it really, really hard to see an implementation of the system on the DS.

I mean, if the 64 could do what it did at 100 mips, I'm sure that the DS wouldn't have any trouble with its beefy 300 mips processing output. That's three times the processing ability right there :)

In any case, lack of documentation, and lack of hardware profile compatibility is like 80% of the reason why 64 can't be implemented as a hosted hypervisor on top of the DS, translated directly, or otherwise "emulated."

We might see a 64 emulator should all the pieces be fit into place.. meaning a good implementation at a low level on a 32-bit machine, and that entails tons more documentation on not just the 64, but the DS as well.

I mean, as of right now, homebrew developers don't have the greatest understanding of the 3D hardware. If Nintendo would just wisen up, and at least DOCUMENT the damn system, make it more accessible to developers, I'm sure that the guys at devkitpro would make some great tools to make it easy for the rest of us guys who aren't geniuses but like making games.

As for the 7 times rule... in just a couple years the way we perceive computing speed is going to be radically different from the way we've been thinking about it for the last 30 years. Seeing as we've just about hit the limit for clocking speed, and the fabrication processes, the future of performance lies in parallel computing. Even now, a lot of people are buying dual-core and more-than-that-core computers... you can't really even find a computer with a single-core processor anymore. Eventually, computers are going to come to the point where everything is an embedded, parallel system, running connected to a superfast bus... and people who were around when everything was clocked at in GHz will be confused as to how to numerically benchmark their computers seeing as computers will end up being put together like legos, with each brick being clocked individually in MHz.

Really, how exactly do you compare a Pentium 4 computer running at 3Ghz doing the exact same job as an ASIC or an FPGA clocked at 50MHz? Yeah, benchmarking and computer performance is weird like that... that's why we don't use numbers to benchmark, we use time, instruction count, and generally how long machines take to compute a specific task to grade their performance.

Homestar4000
July 22nd, 2008, 04:53
add the atari jaguar plz

Zolga
March 12th, 2009, 21:20
why make this thread, its pretty obviously they wont run

DanTheManMS
March 12th, 2009, 22:58
why make this thread, its pretty obviously they wont run

Because to some people, it isn't obvious, and then they ask, and we have to keep saying "NO IT'S NOT POSSIBLE ALSJIFEALFJSLAEF"

So it's just easier to make a single stickied thread for it.

kyrton
December 2nd, 2009, 22:10
wait, and the dsi?? doesnt have with its 133 cpu clock, cant emulate n64/ps1/gba??? so its need 7 times of power to emulate... so dsi cant emulate win98?? win98 requires 16ram and 100mhz~ (less then dsi)

Eviltaco64
December 4th, 2009, 00:28
wait, and the dsi?? doesnt have with its 133 cpu clock, cant emulate n64/ps1/gba??? so its need 7 times of power to emulate... so dsi cant emulate win98?? win98 requires 16ram and 100mhz~ (less then dsi)

I'm afraid that even the DSi lacks the power to emulate N64. :P

As for running Windows 98 on a DSi... In order to do so, you'd pretty much have to emulate a computer with an x86 processor and a generic sound/video card (which would be pretty demanding).

It'd be much easier to get a lightweight open source version of Linux and port it to the DSi.

Rou
December 23rd, 2009, 04:56
n64 would be awesome though.

Rockoman1000
March 19th, 2010, 01:40
Mr_biggs!? As in Biggs?! As in the guide on onverse?! Is it really you? if it is, thats a HUGE coincidence. WOW. my onverse username is rockoman200. The only reason my username here is 'rockoman1000' is because i originally wanted rockoman100, bu i accidentally put another 0......T.T......