PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] an app for lesser PSP's

Zack3008
September 4th, 2006, 05:08
Now, I don't know about everyone, but I know that me, and others in DCEMU have PSP's with "broken" L, R, START, SELECT, and HOME buttons(meaning that the PSP recognizes these buttons as always being held down). I noticed a while back that when I use some sort of homebrew letter input(as in IRSHELL's password input), when the alphabet and numbers keep switching(for it thinks I'm pressing L), if I actually press L, the switching will stop, pause, momentarily, thus the PSP actually recognizes my pressing L, when it thinks it's already being pressed. If it's possible, could someone make an app for this?? My idea was that it would ask which button to fix, then reboot to the xmb so you can do anything until your next reboot, and somhow nullify the button you selected until you actually press it(I supposed it would be to the PSP something like a double rapid button when you press it), and when the said button isn't "held down" as the PSP thinks, the program quits 'til when the button is being held for, say, 10 seconds or longer, when it comes back and does its duty. This may sound complicated, but I hope through all my bad grammar a coder can usderstand the picture I am trying to paint. And if this is in the wrong section, could a mod please move it?? thnx, and thnx for listening, everyone. :D

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 05:11
It's a good idea. I didn't know so many people hade broken buttons though... :(

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 05:18
couldn't they be like replaced or repaired?

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 05:19
Or just try to open the PSP and see whats really going on.

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 05:20
Or just try to open the PSP and see whats really going on.
Voiding your warranty... :(

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 05:22
And have the risk of dirt entering your psp =/

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 05:22
Voiding your warranty... :(
Im sure have of the people on the homebrew scene have voided there warranty a long time ago. But its eather pay to get it fix or dont pay and do it your self. I know i did and found out it was just some scuge under mi R button. And works great now.:D

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 05:24
Well your smart/lucky Acid! ;)

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 05:25
good thing u didn't go for the first option then ^^
it would simply be a waste of precious $$ lol

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 05:26
Well your smart/lucky Acid! ;)
Its not being smart. The PSP is not a big complex engineering device. Its your average board with connectors to each button and joypad. I love my psp

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 05:28
Its not being smart. The PSP is not a big complex engineering device. Its your average board with connectors to each button and joypad. I love my psp
Yeah I know, but still. Some people would get crap all over it if they opened it up... :rolleyes:

P.S.: You have MSN?

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 05:29
Yeah i do acidburn0502 but im going to bed soon but remember it for next time

Video_freak
September 4th, 2006, 05:32
Yeah i do acidburn0502 but im going to bed soon but remember it for next time
acidburn0502@?????.com

PS Have fun in bed. ;)

ACID
September 4th, 2006, 05:34
aol.com sorry didnt finish it. Oh i will had a football game and im all beat up i will get back on the net tonight

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 06:05
guys u know u can use a can of spray to avoid getting dirt and dust in ur psp...or u can use one of those aero bed pumps like me(free air):p

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 07:12
My suggestion, either fix your PSP (Sticky buttons are not a hard thing to fix) and start washing your hands :), or buy a new one and look after the damn thing, I know if my PSP buggered up I'd get another quicksmart.

Prasoc
September 4th, 2006, 10:57
As long as your warranty has ran out, or you don't care about voiding your warranty, I don't see the problem with looking inside. But before you do it, I would get a soft cloth and canned air to stop dust getting onto the screen.

Zack3008
September 4th, 2006, 19:51
i look after it, just a defect in the 1st and/or 2nd gen PSP, a new one will be TA-082, SONY fixin it will be updated and crud, and doin it myself might damage, brick, or put more gunk in it, though thnx. the most helpful post was blazed247, thnx.