PDA

View Full Version : HELP! My PSP turned PINK!!!!

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 06:31
I turned on my PSP today and the background was PINK!!, how the hell did that happen? :mad: The last program I used was gpSP last night, everything was working like usual and the next time I turn it on the background has changed from blue to pink.

I've gone through all of the options in the XMB but fw1.5 has no background or theme options so I don't understand how the hell it changed in the first place.

Obviously I wanna change it back but don't really want to write to the flash except if theres no other way, anyone got any Idea's? and if I do Have to write to flash can someone suggest the best program to use (read: safest).

Would Vader use a pink lightsabre, I think not.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 06:34
1.5 PSPs change the backround automatically with the change of the months, mines like a purpley color(this is probably ur color too)

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 06:35
i like his reaction to pink ^^ if it were me, it won't be much different though..lol

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 06:39
lol...well i just run devhook when i don't want it to show my pink backround...also i thought u meant ur entire psp went pink, i was gunna say someone swapped ur psp with a new pink one lmao :p

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 07:04
lol...well i just run devhook when i don't want it to show my pink backround...also i thought u meant ur entire psp went pink, i was gunna say someone swapped ur psp with a new pink one lmao :p

LOL, that would be much worse. I didn't know the PSP changed backgrounds by itself, I've had 1.5 since the 2.6 downgrader came out and it's never happened before.:confused: It is more of a purple colour but purple's just a shade of pink innit.:)

Thanks for the feedback Y'all.

donne
September 4th, 2006, 07:04
I thought September color was.. Purple not Pink ? Hmm.. My bad, I thought you ordered a black PSP then it came Pink, I can help you to think many things you can say to your online-shop :D

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 07:10
it is purple but not a dark purple, it's the more pinkish purple...and yeh i've only had 1.5 since the first working beta of the 2.6 downgrader came out, i noticed it when it turned from light blue(july) to dark blue(august) and 4 days ago it turned this light purple(sept.)

jak66
September 4th, 2006, 07:14
the only way to change it is with xflash or theme psp
either way, you have to write to flash to change it

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 07:18
or if u don't wanna flash ur psp just leave it in devhook with ur choice of color or image background, i mean when i play something on 1.5(emu or whatever) i can't see the background but after i'm done i just load up devhook and away that girlie color goes :D

Cooe14
September 4th, 2006, 07:29
I have had my 1.5 since I bought it mid-last year, and have gone through every color :) .

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 07:40
i like the blue background, so i swaped the background for August with the one for September :)

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 07:49
Thank f*k, easy fix, just change the date! october is an orange/yellow colour:), my PSP dosnt need to know the date anyway.

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 07:51
lmao!! that's true :D

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 07:53
i like blue too =) awww man...this is making me wish i had a 1.5....to be suprised by different colours every month!

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 07:59
i like the blue background, so i swaped the background for August with the one for September :)
Why not use Theme PSP and install custom backgrounds?

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 08:00
i don't like themepsp for some reason, i prefer x-flash, maybe it's because of the little hand in x-flash giving me a thumbs up when ever i do something :D

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 08:04
i don't like themepsp for some reason, i prefer x-flash, maybe it's because of the little hand in x-flash giving me a thumbs up when ever i do something :D
Yeah, I like the hand too. Kinda reassuring, but I find it easier to put a Theme on my PSP with Theme PSP and make the little alterations with X-Flash.

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 08:09
that's cool, i tried to use theme psp, but i just don't like that you can't do minor things like just adding a custom gameboot. That's where x-flash comes in..i like my matrix code gameboot..it rocks!! :)

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 08:16
that's cool, i tried to use theme psp, but i just don't like that you can't do minor things like just adding a custom gameboot. That's where x-flash comes in..i like my matrix code gameboot..it rocks!! :)
My wife has the matrix boot, (the one where the code is coming down and then flashes white. I have the V for Vendetta one, where the circle of flames with the V in it is forming. It perfectly encases the psp logo!

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 08:19
dude could you pm a link to it..i heard about that one but have never been able to find it :(

jak66
September 4th, 2006, 08:26
i like blue too =) awww man...this is making me wish i had a 1.5....to be suprised by different colours every month!
why not remove your background and set you theme to original, that is the same as what a 1.5 does

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 08:27
dude could you pm a link to it..i heard about that one but have never been able to find it :(
Done!

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 08:34
thanks man :)

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 08:37
No Probs Lemme know if it works. What's you opening boot sound (after you hard reset the PSP) I've got the MGS2 codec noise. It's pretty cool!

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 08:49
i don't have a boot sound, i took off the intro using the custom firmware...and my gameboot is now a classic "i'm rick james bitch" :D

jak66
September 4th, 2006, 08:50
lol, PScodec imagine that psp homebrew, well mine doesnt say anything (custom firmware-skip sce logo)

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 08:58
so which ones better themepsp or x-flash? also how risky is using them? I know about most things homebrew but I have no experience with these 1.5 mods, are they worth the risk?

kyle2194
September 4th, 2006, 09:05
Change the month on your psp's date, its a lot safer than flashing, and dont tell me your gonna forget the month.

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 09:09
they are definetly worth the risk, well for me they are :)

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 09:12
u may wanna have custom firmware installed before you flash so that if something screws up while flashing anything, at least u can sort of undo it with something called recovery mode i think??

M!ckeY
September 4th, 2006, 09:19
that's correct razorak :)

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 09:22
yep yep :D, and i like x-flash kerrang 5 build personally and yeh it's worth the risk just plug ur adapter in :)

razorak
September 4th, 2006, 09:24
dam how i wish i could have custom firmware >.<

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 09:26
just keep waiting for Ookm buddy i'm sure u'll have CFW one day, hopefully sooner than later :D

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 09:40
Personally, I use both X-Flash and Theme PSP. But i think X-flash is the more idiot proof one of them.

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 09:46
that's why i use x-flash...why complicate things :D

dejkirkby
September 4th, 2006, 09:50
With Theme PSP you can have things like the opening sound changed to a custom one. With X-flash you can only choose from a few that are embedded in the program. I like the extra little touches in Theme, but I like X-Flash too.

donne
September 4th, 2006, 10:01
u may wanna have custom firmware installed before you flash so that if something screws up while flashing anything, at least u can sort of undo it with something called recovery mode i think??

But isn't that to have a custom firmware installed also has risk of something screws up ? Or it's safer to install custom fw than flashing a theme ?

BL4Z3D247
September 4th, 2006, 10:04
when u flash ur psp in any case, if the adapter is plugged in to ur psp u should have no problem...but with changing the gameboot u need to make sure the file isn't to big or else ur psp will brick

xiringu
September 4th, 2006, 11:13
lol, I think many of us had the same reaction

pink? wtf!!!!!! :P

bullhead
September 4th, 2006, 11:35
Before flashing always emulate the flash on devhook 1.5. My favourite background comes with x-flash and it turns your background black. Very hardcore!

mcvader
September 4th, 2006, 11:40
cheers all :), I would normally just figure these things out for myself but when it comes to the flash and the possibility of bricking there are no second chances, I just hope with all this flashing my PSP dosnt become self aware (I watched T3 last night;) ).

donne
September 5th, 2006, 01:35
T3 ? Terminator 3 ? That's the worst of trilogy.. Mine favorite is T2 with 'Yooouuuu Could be mineee..." screamming in the back ground..

Inigo Montoya
September 5th, 2006, 21:47
:eek: NintenGirls! Did you make that yourself or is it on someones website.

NoQuarter
September 5th, 2006, 22:29
All black is my preference,no gameboot,no sony intro screen and all black xmb w/wave effect turned off.Better for wardrivi....uh warwalking:)

M!ckeY
September 6th, 2006, 03:21
all black is good when you have no stuck pixel...damn white pixels :mad:

NoQuarter
September 6th, 2006, 03:32
Ouch, sorry bout the stuck pixel buddy.
Guess all black would make that stick out, I take it you tried the screen fixing app?

jamesmc3stripe
September 6th, 2006, 19:29
aghhh i acnt stand this pink b/g its bloody annoying... i wanna use x-flash but dont lol, is it ok just to flash a backround?... i mean when i had 2.80 im sure the firmware its sself flashedb the backround cause it stayed when i took the memory card out

flippy
September 6th, 2006, 20:38
http://pic5.piczo.com/go/editview?siteid=2623958&pageid=21591857

M!ckeY
September 6th, 2006, 20:40
@ NoQuarter

no, i have not tried any pixel fixing application, but i'll give them a try, thanks for the tip:)