PDA

View Full Version : Survey: 54% of US believes games cause violence

wraggster
November 15th, 2010, 23:47
A new phone survey apparently indicates the majority of Americans believe that violent video games result in a more violent society.

The study, conducted by Pulse Opinion Research on behalf of Rasmussen Reports showed that 54 per cent of respondents answered 'yes' to the question of 'do violent video games lead to more violence in our society?'

32 per cent believed that there was no direct correlation, with the remaining 14 per cent uncertain.

The number of positive respondents is completely unchanged since the company last ran the survey in April, but the percentage of Americans who see no connection is up from 27 per cent. Elsewhere in the survey, 69 per cent of Americans answered that they were either very or somewhat concerned about violence in video games, with 29 per cent 'not concerned' and 13 per cent 'not at all concerned'. It's unknown what accounts for the extra 11 per cent.

Perhaps somewhat predictably, on average, older respondents exhibited higher levels of concern than younger, but people without children were also more concerned than those who lived with their children.

65 per cent of respondents believe that states should have the power to prevent games of a violent nature being retailed to minors, but only 5 per cent believe that marshalling children's exposure to inappropriate material is the responsibility of the government - with an overwhelming 71 per cent felt it was the job of parents. A further 21 per cent attributed responsibility to game developers.

The study was conducted by automated phone calls to 1000 individuals. Answers were weighted in order to address imbalances in the methodology which resulted in more answers given by older people, females and those in rural areas.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2010-11-15-american-survey-finds-54-per-cent-of-citizens-believe-games-cause-violence

Bearmon
November 16th, 2010, 00:31
FALSE! I believe that violence cause by mankind who is Independence away from true God and do not depend on true God at all. That's why we are the corruptions and we ruin everything and cause violence. You are being silly. The games already existed a long time ago and violence already started long before that. SILLY!

Wolfdawg
November 16th, 2010, 05:09
war was before COD
don't blame COD or GTA, just don't let anybody with an IQ under 80 play it. or 13 year olds

I think god/religion causes more violence then opposed to it

ih8beinbored404
November 16th, 2010, 08:10
Violence is caused by man.

Bearmon
November 16th, 2010, 12:35
war was before COD
don't blame COD or GTA, just don't let anybody with an IQ under 80 play it. or 13 year olds

I think god/religion causes more violence then opposed to it

Yes and No. A true religion do not causes more violence than opposed to it.. A false religion and mankind caused Violence. That's simple.

Wolfdawg
November 16th, 2010, 16:48
yea, but 1 religion is impossible
from what im told the bible (or at least one of them) says that 1 world religion was predicted.
where does it say that? I think its been twisted around

like the beast is a computer chip

kaferenza
November 16th, 2010, 19:42
Survey: 54% of US is retarded.

Fixed

Fonixx
November 16th, 2010, 19:57
Games are just used as a scapegoat because people like something to blame for the realities of the world, just like religious people who don't like the way the world is so they escape into their own little idealistic fiction for whichever religion they choose, and if you look back in history you'll find religion is a major cause of probably more unnatural deaths and violence than anything else, and games will never have that kind of brainwashing power over people.

Krisando
November 17th, 2010, 07:35
54% of Americans are idiots.

Yes and No. A true religion do not causes more violence than opposed to it.. A false religion and mankind caused Violence. That's simple.
And what is a true religion!? Christianity!?!?! They have had a massive about of bloodshed. Muslim? Speaks for itself. Buddah? They have some pretty radical theories, 8 levels of hell or w/e. Religion is a mask to control society with no focal point of blame. It needs to be outlawed and banned.

fpcreator2000
December 13th, 2010, 22:33
54% of the US is from or descended from the hippie generation (LSD, Weed, and other drugs) so I can see why they would say that. They need to pass that blunt 'cause some of that stuff they are spewing sounds pretty out there.

Survey: 54% of US is retarded.

Fixed

Agreed. I live and work with many of them.

No comment on the religion issue.