PDA

View Full Version : Max Media Player Added Sleep Mode Support?

Chrizmiller
September 4th, 2006, 10:40
CORRECTION. Looks like Datel have fixed the MMP cartridge and not the firmware, as after more testing found that mine worked in sleep mode with the original firmware on the card. Just recently bought.

Downloaded v1.2 of the max media player on Saturday from the Codejunkies MMP minisite and it now appears to support sleep mode.:)

Tried it last night with Super Mario 64DS via Max Overdrive (or whatever its called) and when I closed the lid Mario said Bye Bye and the DS powered off, on reopening the lid, I was back to where I was before.

New version also has native video playback, but you need to use their tool to convert video to d3v format instead of dpg.

Video looks nice, although the one I tried seem to start skipping frames a lot, but that could just have been becuase my battery was almost flat.
Doesn't seem to support widescreen as the image was streched to fill the screen, and you can't fast forward or rewind yet.

Trigger_Happy00
September 4th, 2006, 17:49
Whoo, it supports sleep. Too bad I don't have my MMD here yet.

Solitude
September 5th, 2006, 11:34
Sleep Function does NOT work 1.2 as you state. I tried with the same game with the same conditions. Two possible reasons;
1. It's rumored that Datel fixed the new MMP cart. so you got a new cart. with sleep function fixed.
2. You had a donor cart. in Slot 1 instead of MMP cart. which would fix the sleep problem.

Please delete 1.2 bootme.nds and try with that also, you will see that 1.2 has no connection with the sleep problem.
And as far as we know NO firmware update can fix this problem because it is hardware related (crappy wiring) not firmware related.

Chrizmiller
September 5th, 2006, 16:44
Only just got my MMP on saturday, Got the dock and using my own CF card.

I guess they must have fixed the cards.

Just checked with Mario 64DS again and it definately goes into sleep mode. Mario says goodbye and then the DS goes into sleep mode, with the greenpower light flashing and then when reopening it goes bac to where I was.

Also removed the bootme.nds to use the original firmware (not 1.2 I checked) and that works with sleep mode aswell.