PDA

View Full Version : Red DS?

pmigneous
September 4th, 2006, 20:42
I'm trying to get a buddy of mine to start homebrewing with me.. But I've been doing some reading. I remember seeing somewhere that the red ds can't do homebrew. Is this true? Is there anyway to get around this? If not, than is anyone willing to trade a lightly used nintendo ds (red) for a platnium ds lol?

Junixx
September 4th, 2006, 20:44
It should be possible if you use a Passcard, Passcards dont use a firmware exploits to boot from the GBA Slot, its a standard DS card

pmigneous
September 4th, 2006, 20:49
so supercard is out of the question? I'd have to use something like ninjapass? Something that has storage in the nds cart... nothing that uses the gba port, correct?

Junixx
September 4th, 2006, 23:21
OH sorry what i meant was:

You can use a passcard to run DS from the GBA slot, such as supercard or M3 or G6, sorry about that lol

xboxnang
September 5th, 2006, 04:48
i bought a mario kart red ds in the us last year...got it flashed and running my supercard mini-sd on it fine

pmigneous
September 5th, 2006, 06:03
Well thanks so much guys, thats quite alot of help. My buddy will be very glad. Now we'll be able to homebrew in class, and pwnernate teh math exams with out TI Calc Emulators.:D

EDIT: whoever is maintaining the

nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk site.. the FAQ needs to be updated, it states the red ds can't run homebrew.

http://nintendo-ds.dcemu.co.uk/nintendods-homebrewfaqguide.shtml

cloud_952
September 5th, 2006, 07:51
That was probably written before the PassMe 2 came out, when it was true that newer firmware DS's couldn't run homebrew. ^^

^^; Unfortunately, most of the faqs on dcemu tend to go out of date. The PSP section is pretty bad about that. Good site, but.. the faqs are a bit old.