PDA

View Full Version : marvel vs capcom

l1nknp4rk00
September 4th, 2006, 21:29
i tried to get marvel vs capcom, marvel vs street fighter, marvel superheros, and xmen vs streetfighter, to work on neogeo and cps2 and they dont work, is there anyone who knows if they do work on either one of these emulators or if there is an emulator for psp out there that they do work on.
also has anyone gotten any of the raiden games to work either? thx for the help

10shu
September 4th, 2006, 22:42
well all thoses game are too big to run full speed on the psp...most game above 12mo(zipped) will run slowly...however you can run Xmen Vs streetfighter

all the fighting game you list above are CPS2 game and will not run on a neogeo emulator

raiden...hum?! i m not sure but isn t that a CPS1 game???

donne
September 5th, 2006, 07:50
Capcom games you mentioned (xcept Raiden) all playable using NJ's terrific CPS2PSP emulator.

Can you play other CPS2 games beside them (i.e Giga Wing, SSF, SFA) ? If yes then your VS roms possibly incomplete. try downloading new ones.. If you can't even get any games to work with CPS2PSP then download the latest CPS2PSP emu and re-install into your MS correctly. Don't forget to make Cache of the Rom(s)..

By editing the .dat file within CPS2PSP folder you can get (almost) full speed but you sacrificed the sound production. It's up to you.

l1nknp4rk00
September 5th, 2006, 21:46
when i try and launch one of the games i listed above, a window pops up and says:

THIS GAME DOESNT WORK.
you wont be able to make it work correctly.
dont bother.

i got all the other cps2 games to work though, and im using cps2 emulator test version 5.
is there a newer version that they work on or am i doing somethen wrong?? have you gotten it to work??

psp828
September 5th, 2006, 22:37
i hope you know that you need to have a clone rom and a parent rom of the game you want to run, this only applys to any of the vs. games like marvel vs.capcom. the parent rom is the biggest one like 20 mb and the clone rom is like 1mb and you need to make a cache file for the parent rom first then make a cache file for the clone rom and put both the roms in roms and put both cache files in cache and run the clone rom to play the game.

jrsmaster411
September 5th, 2006, 22:57
try using different versions like marvel vs capcom USA version works but EUR doesn't

jwilds73
September 5th, 2006, 23:34
rename the euro versions and they will work mvsfu.zip instead of mvsf.zip it worked for me on quite a few roms

donne
September 6th, 2006, 01:57
Renaming worked for me especially on Mvsc and Mvsf. Give it a try if yours an Euro.

I still don't get my SSFT worked possibly cause it's parrent (SSF) and Clone (SSFT) type of rom any way I've tried still failed. Perhaps a broken SSFT rom since my SSF worked, but I've already lost interest in that game anyway.