PDA

View Full Version : 10 reasons PSP is better than DS and vice-versa

IndianCheese
September 5th, 2006, 02:50
I saw quite a few "reasons-better-than" threads that were crap, so here is a GOOD one.

PSP better than DS:
1. Play music, videos, and pictures right out of the box
2. 16:9 bright High-def screen
3. Capable of homebrew without SuperPassKey or Flash cart
4. Can browse the internet without extras
5. Can watch TV and DVDs
6. Can view Macromedia Flash content without homebrew
7. IR (gotta love ir shell)/Serial/USB interfaces (DS has NONE OF THOSE)
8. Camera (video chat, EyeToy) and GPS on the way
9. Ability to update System Software
10. Only ONE model...

DS better than PSP:
1. Touch Screen
2. Mic
3. 2 screens
4. Game cards pretty much eliminate load time
5. Much better game selection
6. Comes in more colors
7. Uses the Download Play option much more frequently
8. Almost no risk of messing up by a virus
9. Folds up to protect screens
10. Um...uhh...tastes...better??

There you have it. All fact (except for DS #5) so no one can counter what I say. Ha.

andrew24
September 5th, 2006, 03:15
u r right.
________
Ford Mainline specifications (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Mainline)

publicprivates
September 5th, 2006, 03:16
OBJECTION! If you put enough peanut butter on the psp and ds they taste the same!

FrozenIpaq
September 5th, 2006, 03:19
I saw quite a few "reasons-better-than" threads that were crap, so here is a GOOD one.

PSP better than DS:
1. Play music, videos, and pictures right out of the box
2. 16:9 bright High-def screen
3. Capable of homebrew without SuperPassKey or Flash cart
4. Can browse the internet without extras
5. Can watch TV and DVDs
6. Can view Macromedia Flash content without homebrew
7. IR (gotta love ir shell)/Serial/USB interfaces (DS has NONE OF THOSE)
8. Camera (video chat, EyeToy) and GPS on the way
9. Ability to update System Software
10. Only ONE model...

DS better than PSP:
1. Touch Screen
2. Mic
3. 2 screens
4. Game cards pretty much eliminate load time
5. Much better game selection
6. Comes in more colors
7. Uses the Download Play option much more frequently
8. Almost no risk of messing up by a virus
9. Folds up to protect screens
10. Um...uhh...tastes...better??

There you have it. All fact (except for DS #5) so no one can counter what I say. Ha.

PSP
3) Even though it doesn't require a flashcart - it does require a compatible firmware PSP - which is hard to get right now
- All the rest of the pluses - those are multimeda elements, something of which I have other devices to do - in which case you can not compare the DS to the PSP seeing how Sony is now marketing it as something other than a simple gaming machine (DS is only a gaming machine)

NoQuarter
September 5th, 2006, 04:43
Okay I got two more for you
PSP-Sheer number of hombrew apps and emus
NDS-Linux

ryutoki
September 5th, 2006, 05:06
PSP
3) Even though it doesn't require a flashcart - it does require a compatible firmware PSP - which is hard to get right now

Actually, it's very easy to get a compatable Firmware for homebrew now that there are downgraders for everything up to 2.71. And from the way things are going, it's very possible that a 2.80 downgrader will be released in just a little while.

donne
September 5th, 2006, 07:06
PSP no 3) Need that expensive MemoryStick.. It's just the same as using Superpasskey etc, no ?

It isn't that fair putting Emu(s) as just one 'better'. I think CPS1, CPS2, NeoCD, Snes9xyl and Dgen deserves each one point of 'better'.. Cause 'hell, I'm not gonna exchange my PSP for DS because of them !

NoQuarter
September 5th, 2006, 07:35
Neo CD deserves 5 points alone:P

Gazz021
September 5th, 2006, 08:40
I had a DS and sold it as I use my PSP more (mainly for homebrew) But I love my Xbox 360 more.

one winged angel
September 5th, 2006, 14:15
true i sold my ds too cause i liked the psp homebrew scene and i wouldnt say the ds has better games

assesoffire
September 5th, 2006, 14:22
the psp doesnt have a hi def screen! :D

jrsmaster411
September 5th, 2006, 14:56
memory sticks arent expensive they get cheaper everyday the 1gb is at 30USD and the ds has better games is an opinion

psp828
September 5th, 2006, 22:58
homebrew on the psp is way better then hombrew on ds.

jwilds73
September 6th, 2006, 20:15
The DS is simpler technology but the dual screen and touch screen are innovative. I don't know if any third party developers have really taken advantage of these features but I believe Nintendo has with it's in house games. I don't own a DS but I do like that Nintendo is taking a creative approach with the DS and with the Wii's controller.

TheAgent
September 13th, 2006, 11:14
PSP

1. psp quake @ full speed
2. psp doom @ full speed
3. upgradable memory modules
4. dvd/MP4 video playback
5. upgrade/downgrade firmware
6. almost useful Internet browser
7. looks hell of a allot nicer
8. MP3's
9. portable storage device via USB
10. Good home-brew support
11. N64 emu
12. Nes emu
13. genesis emu
14. neogeo emu
15. Amiga emu
16. moonstone (google it)
17. interchangeable front plates (if you don't mind voiding your warranty)
18. Wiiiiiiiiiddddeeeeeee sccccrrrrreeeeeeeeeen 16:9

NDS

1. game selection
2. touch screen with stylus
3. some home brew
4. ability to play GBA carts
5. fold up, to protect the screen
6. ................

Tetris999
September 13th, 2006, 15:21
Yeah i sold my ds and got a psp cuz its better (just not in games pretty much it)

Cheyzak
September 16th, 2006, 19:30
IMO psp is better cause it has better hardware, and it has a developed homebrew community. I mean I don't see DS runing Windows or MacOS anytime soon. Also memory sticks are getting cheaper every day (there is a 4gb MS available on Amazon). And also I like how Sony started breaking Nintendo on the field of handhelds.

Cap'n 1time
September 16th, 2006, 23:26
IMO psp is better cause it has better hardware, and it has a developed homebrew community. I mean I don't see DS runing Windows or MacOS anytime soon. Also memory sticks are getting cheaper every day (there is a 4gb MS available on Amazon). And also I like how Sony started breaking Nintendo on the field of handhelds.

I dont see the psp running Windows or MacOS soon either (why the hell would you want to run that crap on there anyway...) but if your going to play that game. The DS already runs linux that has been in development for over a year.

Cheyzak
September 17th, 2006, 11:12
I dont see the psp running Windows or MacOS soon either (why the hell would you want to run that crap on there anyway...) but if your going to play that game. The DS already runs linux that has been in development for over a year.
Well I read it on this site that you can. Never tried it myself tho. Anyway PSP is the number one for me.