PDA

View Full Version : HI - im new .. quick few questions :

guitarmonkey
September 5th, 2006, 17:01
i just got a max media dock and a 2gb compact flash card.

i have no problems with running nds files and using the 'max overload 1.0' program i have over 100 titles running perfectly from the card inc. new smb and metroid prime and all the best stuff.

i would really like to run the SCUMM stuff as i want monkey island.

1. does SCUMM work using what I have
2. can i run the NES and SEGA emulators using what i have

this site is awesome. really impressed at the amount of info and the community on here.

cheers

:D

guitarmonkey
September 6th, 2006, 14:17
does noone know the answers to these ?

:confused:

chemical
September 6th, 2006, 14:59
TBH the max media is pretty shit so i wouldnt be suprised if you have problems, but dont hold your breath waiting for a reply, because most people wont have that media player. My advice is just to try, if it doesnt work its not like your player will break ;)

lexluthor
September 6th, 2006, 17:25
Err like Chemical said.. bad news.. you bought a really bad bit or hardware. MMD is really annoying and doesnt work all that well (You have alot of work ahead of you) I dont know about SNES and NES but if you want ScummVM then read this:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33432

(I dont know how good it is though... ?)

iball
September 6th, 2006, 18:17
MMD sucks ass.
GO out and buy a real flashcart.

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 18:19
Well to put it litely it doesnt run scumm and MMD is worse then doudoe

guitarmonkey
September 8th, 2006, 16:01
well i certainly wont be listening to your advice again. i have been pointed towards the menu at the left on THIS SITE that has a link called

'ScummVM Max Media Dock'

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33432

i have had NO problems with the MMD yet playing .nds files, it appears i CAN use SCUMM on it and i am told that the SNES and NES stuff works off it too.

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 16:49
Best of luck mi friend for superior cards have problems and hundreds of people in this site have complained about how crapy there MMD is.