PDA

View Full Version : Can the DS-X be used as a replacement for the M3 Passkey?

Metal_Spirit
September 5th, 2006, 23:04
I´m wondering... Everybody complains about the low capacity of the DS-X, and I also find it limited.

But I already own a M3 mini SD v2, and I´m wondering. Since the DS-X has NoPass can it be used to replace the Passkey, and allow acess to the M3 card?

In this way I would have normal acess to my M3 for most games, and a bigger storage capacity, but I would also have 512 KB for software that uses extra hardware on the GBA slot, like Opera (memory extention) or Metroid prime pinball (rumble pack) amongst others.

Is this possible, or not?

FrozenIpaq
September 5th, 2006, 23:13
Yes, I believe it can as it acts as a no-pass device, but I'm not entirely sure how the boot-up will work entirely, we will have to wait and see when the first review comes up

Metal_Spirit
September 20th, 2006, 21:06
Now that some reviews have appeared, anyone heard about his?

Can this be made for certain?

ACID
September 21st, 2006, 09:50
i dont think so the ninja card is a no pass device and i cant do it if its the same way i will think not happening

Metal_Spirit
September 21st, 2006, 17:21
Can the ninja card use the rumble pack or the Opera expantion? According to the Ds-x makers, the Ds-x can, and that is why i have this doubt!

Mazza
September 21st, 2006, 22:44
I don't think it will work as a passcard device as it will be programmed to allow unsigned code from the NDS slot and traditional passcards allows both processors to be redirected to the gba slot and run unsigned code from it.

ACID
September 24th, 2006, 07:05
Can the ninja card use the rumble pack or the Opera expantion? According to the Ds-x makers, the Ds-x can, and that is why i have this doubt!
Will have to try its just collecting dust for me.

scissors
September 24th, 2006, 10:54
Aphex from the DS-X team stated this in a recent forum post:

"The DS-Xtreme can boot .nds and .gba applications from a slot-2 device."

Hope that helps....

scissors
September 24th, 2006, 10:58
Shit, double post.

I think I might pre order a DS-X. They seem pretty good.