PDA

View Full Version : hugo's house of horrors?

peens
September 6th, 2006, 04:04
anyone remember that old dos game? it would be really sweet if you could port 1 2 and 3.
can anyone tell me where to find out how to port/program and make homebrew? i would really like to start but i dont have a clue.

OneThirty8
September 6th, 2006, 04:16
Unless you have access to the source code to a game, a port is not possible.

To learn to program and make your own homebrew (perhaps a game similar to the one you wish to see ported), there are several ways. One would be to register for college courses in programming. Another would be to buy a book and teach yourself C and/or C++, and when you are familiar enough with the language, start trying to write simple programs for the Dreamcast in C/C++ using the KallistiOS API. Another way to go about it would be to learn from internet tutorials. If you've programmed before in another language, you may find some success with the tutorials at http://cone3d.gamedev.net which should help you become familiar with C++ and the SDL API, which is useful on the Dreamcast.

RolfWrenWalsh
September 6th, 2006, 22:07
I used to play the original game all the time. I probably beat it over ten times.

I could never get very far in the second one. Stupid venus fly traps... Oh and the phone booth that took you to another dimension.

I didn't know there was a third one. Is that one any good?

peens
September 7th, 2006, 01:35
the third one is in the jungle, i only played it for a few minutes, i never played the second tho i dont think. you can easily download them, just type them in google, they are easy to find. i just think it would be awesome to get it on dreamcast, simply because i love that machine.