PDA

View Full Version : How to play WiFi multiplayer with ROMs?

Hibiki
September 6th, 2006, 06:35
My M3 Lite and Passcard 3 should be arriving any day now. Should be great to be able to try out all the games and homebrew, but now my concern is the WiFi multiplayer with "one cart." I know another DS will not be able to read the roms by itself. What does the second DS require to be able to accept the game, just a Passcard 3? Or does it need a M3/Passcard 3 combo as well?

And also, for wireless multiplayer, does the write speed of the card make a difference?

cloud_952
September 6th, 2006, 16:43
You need to flash the second DS if you want to play wireless games on it. ^^ Only a flashed DS can read/play roms over wifi, in other words.

ACID
September 6th, 2006, 16:52
I totaly agree with cloud

Junixx
September 6th, 2006, 21:45
I'm weird then, i have a flashed DS and played Jump Superstars and Meteos just fine over download play (havent tried MPH yet...probably wont because ive beat it)

CampaKaze
September 6th, 2006, 23:46
Haha, if u looked at the comments, sooo many people just get PO'd Hehe, its sooo funny, even when they saw both

andysjones
September 7th, 2006, 00:25
I dont understand flashing still. Does a flashed DS run the same as a normal one? When a game is in, does it take you to the normal menu? When a game isnt in, does it take you to a normal menu?

NOTHING MAKES SENSE ANYMORE!