PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Proof that Sony doesn't care about Homebrew

judas_coach
September 6th, 2006, 13:17
Hi. I recorded a "General Inquiry" conversation with a bloke at our local Sony Support Centre in which I asked him the question "Does anyone at the Sony Support centre give a sh*t about homebrew?" To which he replied "We don't endorse the use of it." Thrilling. Afterwards, I asked him personally what he thinks of homebrew. He replied "I have no feelings toward it as I don't use it."

Thanks John, you've cleared up the air for us. Now all the jackasses who are under the assumption that Sony endorses or is interested in homebrew in any form can be silenced! If anyone says anything otherwise... tell them John from Customer Support said so! :D

Thanks for reading, Marshall.

PS: Here is the link to the audio file, sorry for using MegaUpload. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HCR1EJUM

MikeDX
September 6th, 2006, 13:23
i hope you told him you were recording the conversation. If not, I hope he sues you.

only in america folks! :D

judas_coach
September 6th, 2006, 13:24
Can he sue me if we're in Australia?

EDIT: Oh wait, I actually did say that we were being recorded. So it's all legally good. :cool:

bullhead
September 6th, 2006, 13:36
You said to him.....but did he approve?

judas_coach
September 6th, 2006, 13:37
He said and I quote: "Yeah sure thing man."

razorak
September 6th, 2006, 14:31
$0/\/Y can kiss their a$$es...they dun care...but i do :). The most important thing is that we all care about it in order to keep it alive :D

Accordion
September 6th, 2006, 16:05
okay, what about…

Net Yaroze
PS2 YABASIC
PS2 Linux kit

dejkirkby
September 6th, 2006, 16:38
This is all well and good, but I doubt a Customer Service Rep's view can be taken as proof. I would say, in the higher echelon of Sony HQ, they are very much concerned with homebrew.

Kramer
September 6th, 2006, 16:43
Yeah it's like asking someone that works at maccas making burgers if you care about the qaulity of your food.

Russoxley187
September 6th, 2006, 16:49
thats true, that guy prob makes minimum wage and was about to go clean the bathrooms..
He has no clue...
Who wouldn't use homebrew?
duh...
what kind of dumb question is that?

jwilds73
September 6th, 2006, 20:59
thats true, that guy prob makes minimum wage and was about to go clean the bathrooms..
He has no clue...
Who wouldn't use homebrew?
duh...
what kind of dumb question is that?

He is probably in India where companies outsource alot of support jobs like these.

judas_coach
September 6th, 2006, 23:35
Yeah it was all a bit of fun. But it is just about as plausible as saying that Sony cares about/supports homebrew just because CONNECT links to a homebrew news site. The CONNECT site is not run by Sony admins, the content is supplied by Sony.

And as for the question "who wouldn't use homebrew?" Well, on this site... definitely the majority of PSP users would use/have used homebrew. But as for the wide world, well that's another story. When we see alot of people replying to a thread about homebrew and are under the assumption that there are alot of homebrew users, we're not counting the thousands of PSP owners who don't post on forums.

That overlooked, the PSP homebrew community is one that is filled with great coders and users, but is also infested with far too many idiots and noobs. Come the PSOne Emulator... we will sort the upgrade boys from the homebrew men.

stotheamuel
September 6th, 2006, 23:40
Wow.... and he isn't supposed to say that huh? If he were to encourage homebrew he might get fired..

People Sony is the most supportive as accordian boy plainly shows...

Just that when sony let the psp be hacked... what happened? ISO loaders

psp828
September 6th, 2006, 23:49
i bet almost everybody from sony uses homebrew one way or another.