PDA

View Full Version : DSI SD card queries

jadalmation
November 24th, 2010, 16:55
Hi, i'm very new to this scene and have a few questions. I've spent a few hours researching but would just like to make sure :)

I understand you need specific SD cards to run home-brew on dsi. My theory is;

can i buy a standard SD card, then if avaliable could i put AceKard 2i firmware onto it? would that make it usable.

If not, or not allowed.

Is there anything i can do to a standard SD card to make it usable?

Are the specially formatted SD cards available at any store? physical not online stores.

I found something called picodriveds? do i still need a special SD card for that as well.

If i was to put home-brew onto a SD card that has been mentioned here would it void my warranty?

Could i still play games normally?

Thank You

i suspect the answer to these questions are already widely known :rolleyes:

jadalmation
November 25th, 2010, 01:47
okay so if i get an AceKard to run homebrew so i can use the genesis emulator. Would this be voiding my warranty? would i have to flash different firmware. Or could i just run it off AceKard?

i have found two items. one is the AceKard 2i, but this seems to have an issue with the latest Nintendo Dsi's. The other is the R4i?

i would like to if possible be able to plug in the flash cart. And just play it off that. With no need to flash the DSI or modify it in any way. Which one do you recommend?