PDA

View Full Version : PSP will be awesome but...

NintendoFaithful
October 30th, 2004, 07:18
I want both dont get me wrong, but i forsee more potential problems with the PSP than with the DS.

1. Big screen with no cover means big scratches. For a guy like me who doesnt even carry a wallet, thats not good.
2. Though discs have more capacity and capabilities than "game cards," one will also have to carry a little pouch. I always enjoyed just being able to toss some GameBoy games into my pocket. But CDs are too easily scratched/broken.
3. CDs also make need for an external storage system, and with no hard drive, memory sticks are the only way to go, which means more pouches.
4. Is there any point in an MP3 player with no hard drive...

All the problems I see with the DS at the moment are fixable, but the PSP seems pretty set in these faults that could (initially) keep me from buying it. So do what you want. I dont care. I think Sony is trying to fly too high too fast, and Nintendo knows what theyre doing. Will this keep people from buying the PSP. Probably not. But for people like me, it just might.

FrostDTO
October 30th, 2004, 15:16
You are such a (Camper in the PSP area!!!)
sorry to tell u this but its true!!!

Mistake N#1 : (Screen & Scratches) - There are covers availeble to protect the PSP and give the gizmo a very mature look! (dont get me wrong i think the GBDS looks very kiddy)

N#2 : (Disc size & Durability) - The UMD is a minidisc sized dvd in a protected-shock proof case! its actualy thiner than a card and the surrounding case will protect it better than any flash based card hase ever done!

N#3 + 4 : (Externel drive) - The PSP will allow the possibility to use the magic gate (meaning that you can buy a memory stick duo up to 2GB storage to store any kind of media you want to) (MP3, AVi, Pictures, Emulation programms, Gamestates updates and so on and on and.............)

So i dont know where u have been in the past few month but the NINTENDO ERA is over!!!!!

Regards
DTO

Alexvrb
October 30th, 2004, 20:23
Two extremists clash. I wouldn't go so far as to list all the stuff you can do with a memory stick, because you can't do any of that yet. Sony may want to limit some of those activities. But yes, they used memory sticks because you can store a bunch of saves and music and stuff without using an expensive, battery draining HD. The optical drive eats up enough battery life when being accessed, a microdrive or similar could put it over the "battery life edge" from OK to Intolerable.

So I mostly agree with DTO... you walk into a PSP forum, start off by saying it will be awesome, and then procede to bash it and flaunt "flaws" when you don't even know what you're talking about. Plus your name and so forth have a rather troll-like nature about them.

Cap'n 1time
October 30th, 2004, 21:47
why is it all the new guys bitchen and moaning about how there system is better. lets wait for it to come out before we pass real judgment on things PLEASE!

Alexvrb
November 1st, 2004, 20:23
why is it all the new guys bitchen and moaning about how there system is better. lets wait for it to come out before we pass real judgment on things PLEASE! Unfortunetely if you think this is bad, you haven't seen anything yet. You'd better get used to it, because it's only going to get uglier whenever fanboys bring it up.

josephiles
November 2nd, 2004, 03:06
mmmm... I agree?
What the hell is going on with this Gizmondo thingie?