PDA

View Full Version : Update me Please

ArcValkyrie
December 1st, 2010, 03:28
Hi I use to have a psp 1001 series but it broke and since then i've never got a new one. So the question is whats the lastest custom firmware for the psp because i'm planning on getting me a new psp but i'm outdated with the new firmwares. and possible guides on how to update them.

Also if theres no way to update a custom firmware with the latest firmware is it possible to downgrade with seplugin.

Thanks in Advance

Shrygue
December 5th, 2010, 23:31
Okay I'm somewhat rusty on the subject of PSP homebrew but here's goes.

If you want to run homebrew with full compatibility on the PSP, get a 1000 or 2000 series. If you get 2000 series, try and get one that doesn't have the TA-88v3 or higher motherboard. Do not get the 3000 series or the PSP Go. They have very limited homebrew support and no custom firmware exists for those systems yet.

As of now, the latest custom firmware is 5.50 GEN or you can use Dark_Alex's 5.00 M33-6 cfw. The latest official firmware is v6.35.

To install cfw on your chosen PSP unit, you'll need a Pandora battery which you can search up and buy from somewhere online. You will also need a Magic Memory Stick to work with the battery. You can find a progam and make it yourself with a program somewhere or again you could buy it as a pack with the Pandora battery.

Oh yeah before I forget to explain, the Pandora battery is something that allows one to enter the PSP's service mode. When the battery is inserted, it'll try and read recovery info from the memory stick. This is where the Magic Memory Stick comes in, this is a specially formatted memory stick with some stuff on it that allows the PSP firmware to be reflashed to the internal NAND flash memory. With the two put together, one can upgrade and downgrade to a firmware of the user's choosing (restrictions apply if you use a 2000 series unit though). In this way it is possible to install custom firmware as well.