PDA

View Full Version : how to use PCSXBox v17

watupgroupie
September 6th, 2006, 23:38
ya i just downloaded the newsest version (v17) of pcsxbox and i was just wondering what format the games have to be in (bin,iso,etc..) cause i just tried taking beyblade and puttin it in my cd drive and turnin it into a iso image and bin image and tried them both but they didn't work. i turned them into images with magic iso if anyone has that. it seems all the files are there that are on the disk. meybe i'm just not waiten long enough. anyway someone please help me!!:confused:

Hawq
September 7th, 2006, 19:04
cue & bin are reccomemnded, though it will read iso as well (unless thats changed in v17, I havent put it on my Xbox yet) Xbox-Scene has a tutorial for making compatible images here (http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/pcxbox-bin.php) though anything that makes a decent cue & bin should do just as well I think. Of course the recent releases have seen the multiple core thing come in so theres a choice of sound graphics & emu cores to try for games, the compatibility list in the xbox-scene boards may be getting updated with the new release compatibility now, well I've seen a few updates at least so you could always look there.
One thing I just thought of is that I've had trouble getting it to read some images from an iso 9660 disc even though it now supprts them, I got one of the games to work by burning it as a udf disc instead, used neros Xbox compatibility setting as well but that may not be needed.