PDA

View Full Version : Father of PlayStation Ken Kutaragi apologises for Euro delay and confirms just 500K

wraggster
September 7th, 2006, 18:03
PlayStation founder Ken Kutaragi has apologised to European PS3 fans and admitted that he's sorry for the delay to the European launch, telling AP: "We decided to focus on the Japanese and U.S. markets. I am so sorry not to be able to answer to all the expectations. We've been working hard to try to tackle the problem, but we see the delay is inevitable."

Kutaragi also had bad news for Japanese and US fans of the console with just 500,000 machines earmarked for global launch, with Japan -- Sony's home territory and its single most crucial market -- getting just 100,000 on PS3 D-Day and the US getting 400k, if our very simple mathematics droid hasn't short-circuited.

Kaz Hirai, Sony's US boss added, "The change in the release date for PlayStation 3 in the SCEE territories will not impact our launch for the system here in North America. Our plans remain unchanged, and we are on track to meeting our goals with this important launch. It is also important to note that the previously announced global shipment forecast of six million units within the fiscal year ending 2007 has not changed."

dejkirkby
September 7th, 2006, 18:08
Well that makes it all better, doesn't it! *sarcasm alert*

Kramer
September 7th, 2006, 18:13
Your going to have to beg me to forgive you Ken.

jerrt
September 7th, 2006, 18:16
well i am always into accepting appologies. i mean if they could have they would have completed their worldwide release. things changed. they held off telling everyone till they were sure that a world wide release wasn't going to happen, then they try to tell everyone quickly.

i'm sorry it had to happen this way, but what happens, happens. i still can't wait.. [:

dejkirkby
September 7th, 2006, 18:21
I'm gonna still wait........to buy a Wii!

markymark1
September 8th, 2006, 10:06
I'm gonna still wait........to buy a Wii!

lol
i think many ppl will turn to the wii for the innovation in an attempt to replace the ps3 absence and power this xmas. they will not want a 360 as this is the enemy if you had always planned to get a ps3!