PDA

View Full Version : can you believe sce customer service?

kando
September 7th, 2006, 19:03
purchased psp back in march with cash....registered with sce and even was invited to become a member of the GAP....but without recipt they charge 90 bucks to replace, even though "my battery fell out during a firmware update".....

anyone have any suggestions? best buy was no help....

Nafogel
September 7th, 2006, 19:16
walmart will take just about anything. I once returned a croquet set with no box and half the of the mallets broken, and they didnt say anything. (They just gave me store credit instead of a cash refund:p )

ExcruciationX
September 7th, 2006, 19:17
Oh! (Winces) I'm not sure what you can do...

BL4Z3D247
September 7th, 2006, 19:20
yeh u can't go wrong with walmart lol

dejkirkby
September 7th, 2006, 19:24
Walmart (Asda in UK) are proper suckers!

donne
September 8th, 2006, 01:51
"my battery fell out during a firmware update".....

Should we believe this Customer ?? Nope. Charge ! :D :D

kando
September 8th, 2006, 01:57
Should we believe this Customer ?? Nope. Charge ! :D :D

blah :P

miraculously i found out i could get an old recipt from best buy, and got it.....and sce bought my story and is replacing it shortly ^_^

walmart, ur very lucky...:P

M!ckeY
September 8th, 2006, 04:01
lmao...wal-mart has been saved for now :D

BrooksyX
September 8th, 2006, 04:15
ha I get a kick out of walmart, it sure is a lifesaver.
One time for xmas my parents bought me this peice of crap dvd player that broke after a month so I took it back and this old lady was all checking out the box to make sure everything was there. turns out I forgot the audio video cable so she wouldnt take it. Then I realized I had an old one in the back of my car so I brought the dvd player back in and I got this younger lady and she didnt even check to she if there was a dvd player in there and then she just gave me some store credit.

donne
September 8th, 2006, 09:02
That sounds like a wonderful store.. Never been to Walmart, they're none here.. We got Carefour, that French super-mart but they don't have this kind of soft policy.. Fact, they sometimes 'tricked' us.. Blah..

pibs
September 8th, 2006, 09:13
Ha my battery fell...... i would use something lamer like my house power got cut off cuz i didn't pay the billz ;D

donne
September 8th, 2006, 10:13
sce bought my story and is replacing it shortly ^_^

Sony did not really buy it.. They knew you're flashing fw and you're into Homebrew.. They just afraid if you don't get your replacement, you'll gonna tell the story to every psp-homebrew forums you're join.. :D

Yes, I can use that the electricity cut-off since I lived in a country where electricity can go off without notice.. :mad:

AvengedSevenfold Fan
September 11th, 2006, 00:39
SAME EXACT THING HaPPENED TO ME! i9 said it just turned off during an upgrade. i used a bankstatement. i just sent it in the other day for a replacement