PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Installation

foxy291
December 18th, 2010, 00:34
Hi,

Please can someone tell me from where I can buy homebrew installation? Because I saw more than one website that sells homebrew installation and I am confused.

For installing it and for downloading games from Homebrew channel do I need to have Wii connected to the internet? Or I download games with PC and then burning it on a DVD?

Thanks

BlueCrab
December 18th, 2010, 01:28
You don't need to buy a homebrew channel installation. You just download it, and use one of the many exploits to install it.

Follow the directions here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_setup

foxy291
December 19th, 2010, 02:52
Do I need the games 'Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess', 'LEGO Indiana Jones', 'Super Smash Bros. Brawl' and 'Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Wheelie Breakers'? Because it says that these games are required. I don't have any games yet!

BlueCrab
December 19th, 2010, 03:00
It depends on what System Menu version is installed on your Wii. If it is v4.2 or lower, you don't need anything other than an SD card, since you can use Bannerbomb to do the installing.

If you have v4.3, you need one of the games (other than Zelda, since that was patched in v4.0 and higher). Super Smash Bros Brawl will be your best choice, since its believed that that hole is not able to be patched at all (but that will only work with the US or Japanese versions of the game -- which will require either a US or Japanese Wii to use). The Yu-Gi-Oh and Lego Indiana Jones exploits will apparently work on any version of the game.

Note that I've never used any of the methods other than the old Zelda exploit on my Wii, since its had the homebrew channel installed for quite a while, so I really can't help any more than I've already done.

homer456
January 5th, 2011, 22:48
It depends on what System Menu version is installed on your Wii. If it is v4.2 or lower, you don't need anything other than an SD card, since you can use Bannerbomb to do the installing.

If you have v4.3, you need one of the games (other than Zelda, since that was patched in v4.0 and higher). Super Smash Bros Brawl will be your best choice, since its believed that that hole is not able to be patched at all (but that will only work with the US or Japanese versions of the game -- which will require either a US or Japanese Wii to use). The Yu-Gi-Oh and Lego Indiana Jones exploits will apparently work on any version of the game.

Note that I've never used any of the methods other than the old Zelda exploit on my Wii, since its had the homebrew channel installed for quite a while, so I really can't help any more than I've already done.

hi can u help me with the homebrew channel

my version is 4.3 and silly i update my wii did,nt know

can i install it without buying the pal games need for it