PDA

View Full Version : UNKNOWN Oversized files on my memorystick

DragonPimpsta
September 8th, 2006, 00:32
Firmware: 1.5
MemoryStick: sony mem stick duo 1gig
Brew: devhook harleygg custom firmware xflash

ok well.
I wanted to clear room on my memorystick and i came upon a few folders that are were hidden that are no use to me. They are named with all symbolds and alt codes and stuff, and i cant delete them. When i try deleting them it says doesnt exist or in use. Also the files say that they are like 99 GB in size, which makes no sense.

Also theres another folder like this where my WMA files are that i played in devhook.

I want to get rid of these files, but i dont want to have to format my memorystick to do it. Anything i could do? Screenshot below:

SSaxdude
September 8th, 2006, 01:25
That happened to my 256 mb stick, and it says there are 4 gb files in my PHOTO folder. I'm pretty sure if you format your memory stick this will be resolved. I haven't tried it yet because I'm too lazy to back everything up on my hard drive.

DragonPimpsta
September 8th, 2006, 01:31
Yea, but thats what im trying to avoid doing =/ cuz it'd take me a long time to put all my files back on stick

DragonPimpsta
September 8th, 2006, 02:43
ive found a good solution. Use scandisk on your memorystick and do a thorough scan and it'll delete bad clusters like those, and u'll gain space from it. (space the bad clusters took up, that wasnt helping you)

razorak
September 8th, 2006, 02:54
corrupted files...i had them too, my 2GM mem stick had 80GB of files that time ^^ then i used Easy Corruption Fixer. It worked like a charm :)

M!ckeY
September 8th, 2006, 03:56
nice to know there are solutions that don't require you to format your memory stick :)