PDA

View Full Version : 4 gig memstick

TheRealShin
September 8th, 2006, 04:32
hey guys im gonna be buying a 4 gig mem stick i was wondering how you guys thouight this one is

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171129

for 130.00 i think its a good deal id liek you opions to though

Edshugeo
September 8th, 2006, 05:30
It's a damn good mem stick.

Nafogel
September 8th, 2006, 05:40
try ebay, I'm sure you could get it a good bit cheaper there:)

TheRealShin
September 8th, 2006, 05:48
yea i could always try ebay but ive seen way to many fakes on there rather just be sure what im getting hehe

Baboon
September 8th, 2006, 08:40
I’ve just ordered the 4gb Sandisk Ultra Memory stick that was recently recommended for a good price by Wraggster on this website.

...whats the difference between the one I ordered and this one the ‘ SanDisk Ultra II’?

pibs
September 8th, 2006, 08:46
I always get the highspeed sony ones because they transfer quicker than the sandisk ones but if you want to pay less then get a sandisk....... do they even make highspeed 4gb? lol

Baboon
September 8th, 2006, 09:22
You pay soooooooooo much more for a Sony memory stick though, which isn’t really very good value for money. lol

I hope there’s not much of a difference though between the 4gb SanDisk and the 4gb SanDisk II mem cards??

TheRealShin
September 8th, 2006, 11:06
from what i read the one i ordered has fastr transfer speeds

Uruz 6
September 8th, 2006, 11:27
I always get the highspeed sony ones because they transfer quicker than the sandisk ones but if you want to pay less then get a sandisk....... do they even make highspeed 4gb? lol

I thought it was the other way around.

bah
September 8th, 2006, 12:13
Standard sandisk have shown to be faster than 'high-speed' sony from the tests ive seen. Just google 'sandisk vs sony high speed memory stick'.

The real question im looking for an answer to is can the psp itself use the additional speed of a ultra-II, or will I only see a benefit when using a seperate card reader/writer.

Also, dam neweggs lack of international shipping!

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 12:48
That is so funny cause i used to do the same until i found out that the transfer speed is almost identical so then i decided to get sandisk and save almost 40usd LOL :D Hey they say live and learn.