PDA

View Full Version : psp version 1.5

anthonyhall81
December 25th, 2010, 22:37
my psp 1.5 is running custom firmware. the usual snes,nes,genesis emulators.
can anybody tell me is it worth updating to another version to get more from my psp or am i better sticking with it as i am.???

any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Maxaxle
January 7th, 2011, 01:12
Always, always, always stick with the firmware you have. Remember that you can upgrade, but you cannot downgrade.

ek9junky
January 14th, 2011, 07:57
Always, always, always stick with the firmware you have. Remember that you can upgrade, but you cannot downgrade.

so your saying you can keep 1.50 and udate to 5.50 gen-d full and go back and forth between the two? if this is so how is this achievable? i need help with this!

Maxaxle
January 15th, 2011, 15:29
so your saying you can keep 1.50 and udate to 5.50 gen-d full and go back and forth between the two? if this is so how is this achievable? i need help with this!

I mean that, once you upgrade, it's a heck of a time downgrading, so I only recommend upgrading if it's really needed. And no, you can't switch between firmwares.

adventure_of_link
January 29th, 2011, 04:07
I mean that, once you upgrade, it's a heck of a time downgrading, so I only recommend upgrading if it's really needed. And no, you can't switch between firmwares.

Not if he's got a PSP Phat and a pandora's battery. ;) also, don't some CFW installers (IIRC 5.50 GEN3 and dark-alex's firmware) offer an option to either revert back to the stock firmware it's customizing, or back to stock 1.50?

having said that, imho it's good to have CFW, mostly so you can run plugins, customize more, run homebrew without the need for HEN (even though stock 1.50 firmware needed kxploit IIRC), AND you can run PSone on your PSP!

Oh yeah, if you actually use that PSP for the PS store/network, as well as UMD games, running CFW will allow those features I listed above, and tack on the ability to also run the latest and greatest. :)

EDIT: I see some of the confusion here.. 5.50 GEN3 and other CFWs also allow the 1.5 holes to stay open, so you can easily run your homebrew AND have the latest firmware features as well. No need to constantly upgrade and downgrade (again, unless you have a PSP Phat and a pandora's battery :))