PDA

View Full Version : R4 Deluxe Revolution and DSi XL

ChrisR
December 26th, 2010, 12:45
Hello, this is my first post here. Forgive me if my question has already been asked, there is so much information on this forum, I don't know where to find the answer.

A bit of background first. I used to own a DS lite, but I had to sell it due to financial problems. Now I'm in a position to buy a new DSi XL, which I've reserved to pick up from the store tomorrow.

When I had my DS Lite, I had an R4 Deluxe Revolution with a 4gb micro SD card loaded with games, which worked perfectly. I still have the cartridge, but my gut tells me that it is not going to work with my new DSi XL, can anybody confirm this for me?

My next question is: Is there any later firmware that can be downloaded to make the R4 work with the new DSi XL? and if not, can anybody recommend a new cartridge, and where I can purchase one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

alukadoo
December 28th, 2010, 08:57
R4 Deluxe won't works with your NDSi XL , it's only for ds/ds Lite .

I recommend R4i Gold Wood Compatible , with this cart you'll get 99% compatibility . If you need extra features like real time save etc , then pick the Supercard DSTwo .

Lightake.com (http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.R4i_Gold_Card_Wood_Compatible_for_NDS_DS_Lite_ DSi_DSi_XL-34731) if you don't know any reliable sites. Pay for fast shipping if you wanna get it in a short time since bad weather delays the shipping .

ChrisR
December 30th, 2010, 21:41
Thanks for your help alukadoo, I'll look into that :)

alukadoo
January 17th, 2011, 05:59
Thanks for your help alukadoo, I'll look into that :)

You're welcome .