PDA

View Full Version : FFFed up analog stick help

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2006, 07:54
K, i just switch my psp screen with a friend, i had screwed up pixels and he got a ta-082 thing psp so we swapped screens so he could return it because it had white pixels, ( not stuck permenent) and so i could have a brand new screen. only problem is when i tried to play tekken, gta, and n64 emu, the analog stick efs up completely, it make tony go in a circle in gta, and in tekken the person crouches no matter what, even if im not holding it, please help me!:(

BL4Z3D247
September 8th, 2006, 08:13
that's normal...well for me it is, for example in Daedalus when playing mario 64, mario will walk to the left without me touching the analog stick...i stop it by hitting the analog stick up once fast and it stops it but once i hit left again he walks by himself, and i've never messed with the inside of my psp so i know i didn't mess it up

jak66
September 8th, 2006, 17:25
yea, it seems that the analogue stick is as bad as buttons at getting stuck, but a quick tap in the opposite direction usually makes it stop, for me at least

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2006, 17:34
yeah, but it goes it in all games, so i'm pretty worried...

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2006, 20:14
ok, i have figured out that it is not the analog stick itself, but somehow the software of the psp itself is messed up, i took off the faceplate which has the anaolg stick thing on it, and in tekken it still made it go down to the bottom in the main menu, anybody got any ideas? (ask people you know)

Zion
September 8th, 2006, 20:33
i have one....make sure your not holding the analog stick during loading/booting.....otherwise if you do, the psp will class that position as the analog sticks central position...

Therefor making your players move without you touching it because it thinks thats the analogs sticks central position/axis

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2006, 20:39
well, that cant be it cause i turned it on while the faceplate was off, same with while it was loading, so i donno

Zion
September 8th, 2006, 20:43
does the analog stick look like its in the centre to you?

SnesR0X
September 8th, 2006, 21:47
yessir

Zion
September 8th, 2006, 22:50
hmm, il have a think about it for you.... one idea...i dont know if it will make any difference...

Remove your psp's battery for say 2 mins..
Then put it back in and try it

SnesR0X
September 9th, 2006, 08:50
k, i figured it out, there is a small rubber like object that connets the psp's analog stick to the machine itself, and when i swapped the screens, i touched it by accident. by screwing around wit it for a while (say half an hour) i finall got it to stop making the guy on the screen go in circles, another thing is that for future reference, you have to make sure te gold coloured metal that is touching the rubber is clear, and not cloudy looking like on the other side of it. plus, screwing in the screws tightly helps too! so yeah, now it's all good, analog stick + screen fixed today, 4 gig mem stick tommorow!

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 08:56
Good I'm glad you fixed your problem.Maybe this will help some other people out.