PDA

View Full Version : I just got a GBC emu and I have a few ?'s

the_eternal_dark
September 8th, 2006, 10:32
First, does anyone know where i could find an english translation patch for Pokemon Green (love it, cant read it really).

and

Second, are there any games that don't run on this emu?

(sorry, i realize this sounds really dumb)

MikeDX
September 8th, 2006, 11:13
Piracy.

GobboFett
September 8th, 2006, 12:16
First, does anyone know where i could find an english translation patch for Pokemon Green (love it, cant read it really).

and

Second, are there any games that don't run on this emu?

(sorry, i realize this sounds really dumb)

I'm guessing you mean Homer's RIN? If not, then get Homer's RIN it is the BEST GB/GBC emulator for PSP. Ahh, yes Pokemon Green what a game. I was lucky enough to get a REAL copy of this before production stopped (luckily I can read some Japanese :D) but good luck finding a WORKING 100% translation patch. I spent most of my time in year 9 (1999 that was) looking for one and all were about 5-10% translated. You'd be better off just getting a ROM of english Red/Blue.

Not sure if there are any ROM's that don't work. All the ones I have tried have worked, u'll just have to try ROM's out yourself :)

tuta
September 8th, 2006, 12:28
Isn't pokemon green a fake?
I didnt know it really exist......
I remember i had an old cartridge with 100 games in it and there was pokemon green but its actually blue LOL

Ok heres some info i found from http://www.poke-amph.com/greeninfo.php

In Japan, the two original Pokémon games were Red and Green, not Red and Blue like every other country. The difference between Red and Green are basiclly the graphics. Greens graphics are a lot worse then Reds. Japanese Green is the same as American Blue. Also the Japanese Blue (release after Red and Green) is a different game then Red and Green.

One difference in the Japanese Blue game is that they redid the Unknown Dungeon (Which they made the American Unknown Dungeon)

GobboFett
September 8th, 2006, 12:38
Isn't pokemon green a fake?
I didnt know it really exist......
I remember i had an old cartridge with 100 games in it and there was pokemon green but its actually blue LOL

Nope, if you ever saw a Pokemon Green cartridge in ENGLISH it was fake, but the jpn Pokemon chronology of games went; Green, Red then Blue. For some unknown reason Nintendo of America just decided to skip Green and release Red and Blue versions when Pokemon first came out. The actual jpn Green version (of which I proudly own :)) has slightly different Pokemon art and Mew was legitimately catchable :eek: I could scan it and post some pics if you want...

EDIT: noticed you just pointed out the info yourself tuta, meh :p

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 12:57
I agree with gobbofett. Although theree is a bootleg hack of the game. Still is very rare to find kind of like pokemon chaoes black. LOL:eek:

tuta
September 8th, 2006, 12:59
lol mew catchable thats sweet but i dun think that game is out anymore though so i am erm doin it the other way guess u wud know it but fruitless.
But even though i do get it i dun think i will be playin it all over I remember I played yellow for about 85 hours:D

Is chaos black even playable saw a forum and they said after the first few dungeons it got stuck there but I tink their refering to a chaos black rom I have it but neva played it is it nice?

ACID
September 8th, 2006, 13:06
i never had a problem playing it then again i had the cartrige. They sai with the rom you cant get past mount moon

jak66
September 8th, 2006, 16:48
apparantly the pokemon chaos black rom has "a body of water blocking the ladder, preventing you from exiting, thus you cannot progress", but if thats the case for the rom, shouldn't your cartridge be the same acid, seeing as its a fake

the_eternal_dark
September 9th, 2006, 01:04
I do actually have a japanese release that i got off ebay a while back (along with leaf green and fire red jap. for GBA). I also have RIN, its awsome so far, i was wondering if it had limits though. i can read a little jap, and it sure beats whipping out the gbc to play green.

Roxas
September 9th, 2006, 06:04
I do actually have a japanese release that i got off ebay a while back (along with leaf green and fire red jap. for GBA). I also have RIN, its awsome so far, i was wondering if it had limits though. i can read a little jap, and it sure beats whipping out the gbc to play green.

Those r the new 1's. His talking about the first 1's yellow(think it was only U.S version),red,blue(green jpn only) for gba.