PDA

View Full Version : Problems running SNES emulators on 6.35 HEN

Wibbler82
January 10th, 2011, 18:56
Hi there!

I have recently installed the new 6.35 HEN, and it seems to be working fine. I get a message on start-up regarding memory leak but that seems to be unrelated to my issue.

Basically I have been looking for a good SNES emulator. The ones that keep popping up are SNES9xTYL and SNES9x Euphoria. I have tried installing both of these and get the same issue: when the program loads I am prompted with the message "Exit SNES9xTYL ?". If I select no, the message just pops up again instantly, if I select yes then the application closes down and the PSP shuts itself down after around 20 seconds.

Now, I have been doing some research which would suggest that the home button is stuck, but I do not think this is the case as no other apps/games behave as though this is the case, and I have tried starting the emulator and clicking the hold button down, but I still get the message.

I was wondering if anybdy else had experienced this issue, or could recommend a workaround? I have tried pretty much every variation of SNES emulators I can find, and the result is te same each time. I am running stuff like Picodrive with no problems however.

Has anybody managed to get a SNES emulator working on the 6.35 HEN?

adventure_of_link
January 29th, 2011, 02:24
Surprising you can run Snes9X TYL on 6.35 (pro?) HEN, given that's a static elf and was designed for 1.50 OFW and just about any CFW, and won't run right on newer official firmwares, HEN or not...

In any case, I tried running Snes9X Euphoria on 6.35 Pro HEN, I could load ROMs, but every time I did the emulator froze. Signing wasn't much help, as that just booted me back to XMB.

Your best bet is to downgrade to 6.20 with the signed Davee downgrader and use the signed TN-C HEN, assuming you can downgrade the PSP at all (some people on 3000 series boards couldn't, the downgrader would tell them it was incompatable, although just about any PSP Go mobo version can be downgraded).

Google for all of these and the official 6.20 firmware EBOOT.

twitchybeast
March 11th, 2011, 20:59
I have the same problem with HBL on 6.37, I downloaded SNESXTYL .9 and that worked, but none of the euphoria's, which run the games I like way faster. :( any suggestions? also, somewhat related, anyone know where to find a working signed SNES emulator?

adventure_of_link
March 11th, 2011, 21:06
I have the same problem with HBL on 6.37, I downloaded SNESXTYL .9 and that worked, but none of the euphoria's, which run the games I like way faster. :( any suggestions? also, somewhat related, anyone know where to find a working signed SNES emulator?

you can't find a working signed SNES Emulator due to the fact that it'll just crash and burn (Euphoria) or won't sign at all (TYL).

EDIT: As an update to a previous post of mine, Snes9X Euphoria does work on 6.35 PRO-B2.

twitchybeast
March 12th, 2011, 02:56
you can't find a working signed SNES Emulator due to the fact that it'll just crash and burn (Euphoria) or won't sign at all (TYL).

EDIT: As an update to a previous post of mine, Snes9X Euphoria does work on 6.35 PRO-B2.

Fair enough, I was confused because on another forum, (p.s.p.i.s.o) a user posted a bunch of emulators and said they had all been tested and worked, I just thought I was doing it wrong, gues he just didn't know that you couldn't sign SNES Emulators.

adventure_of_link
March 12th, 2011, 04:10
It depends on what all you can and can't sign.. generally if it doesn't need a kernel exploit (or isn't one in general) then it should sign and run just fine.

On the other hand, if it needs an exploit to run and/or is a static ELF format, it won't sign. It has to be in the prx format IIRC.

twitchybeast
March 13th, 2011, 00:47
Boom, check this out: http://pspcustomfirmware.com/19152/signed-emulator-snes9x-v0-02.htm it works on my 3000 OFW 6.37, its an older release, so its slower, think there are any recent updates that would be signable?

adventure_of_link
March 13th, 2011, 01:28
Boom, check this out: http://pspcustomfirmware.com/19152/signed-emulator-snes9x-v0-02.htm it works on my 3000 OFW 6.37, its an older release, so its slower, think there are any recent updates that would be signable?
I'll be damned... I never knew about this release... only two I knew about were TYL and Euphoria. I stand corrected.

Just so ya know it also works on 6.35 OFW. I gotta let Zack know about this... as well as track down the porter(s) to get them to use the latest Snes9x code and get this port officialized as well...