PDA

View Full Version : FFIII Partial Translation patch!

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 03:40
I found this on the Translation Wiki...

For those who OWN the cart, you can apply the following patch for menu translations, spell, weapon, etc translations for the WRG game.

DO NOT PIRATE.

This is for purchasers of the game who wish to at LEAST be able to figure out which 60000 Gil Spell you're buying without consulting a long guide.

I, THE HOMBREW HUNTER, GRAMMAR NAZI OF DCEMU, IS IN NO WAY ASSOCIATED WITH PIRACY. ANY PIRACY TALK WILL BE CLOSED, AND THIS PATCH IS NOT TO BE ABUSED BY PIRATES.

No ingame dialogue is translated.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 04:04
nice, a translation. :D
btw. how much is the game translated

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 04:06

CAN'ST YE NOT READ?!

Menus, Item Names, Spell Names, etc...No ingame dialogue.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 04:13
i can read. but it said etc. thats why i asked

irondirgible
September 9th, 2006, 04:34
I'm assuming you're referring to the NES version.

http://www.rpgclassics.com/trans/nest/ff3.shtml

100% translated. Works sweet.

What is "WRG"?

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 04:37
I'unno.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 04:44
I'm assuming you're referring to the NES version.im talking about the DS one.

What is "WRG"?
WRG is a group of people that dump and release DS "games"

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 04:50
Don't talk about isos or roms after this post.

I'll have to delete it.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 04:51
dont worry. i was just explaining what WRG was.;)

Junixx
September 9th, 2006, 05:45
Wow nice THH you a moderator now

irondirgible
September 9th, 2006, 05:56
im talking about the DS one.

Ohhh. Oops. I don't have a DS, so I didn't think about the upcoming FF remake. Sorry.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 06:12
the DS is awesome. you should be thinking of getting in one with an M3 or Supercard. :D

metroplex2k7
September 9th, 2006, 15:06
I knew it was only a matter of time Double H. I knew someone would be too impatient to wait until November. ;)

The Hombrew Hunter
September 9th, 2006, 15:30
Eh, it's only some item/spell/etc. It helps, I haven't bought a weapon a character can't wield yet.

'Course, I haven't gotten Arc, Refia, or Ingus yet.

kcajblue
September 9th, 2006, 19:19
since the people who made the translation wiki translated some of the ingame dialogue, i dont see why they didnt include that in their partial translation patch.

getarhed1
September 10th, 2006, 07:21
how would you apply the patch to the game?

kcajblue
September 10th, 2006, 07:25
it tells how in the readme.
put the wrg release of the game in the same folder as the patch and rename it to ff3.nds then run the .bat file

metroplex2k7
September 10th, 2006, 15:36
Just wondering, when you apply the translation patch, do you still have to run Max Overload?

demondude777
September 10th, 2006, 16:44
Wow nice THH you a moderator now

Heehee...."You spelled "the" wrong. It is not teh....3 day ban!"

Junixx
September 10th, 2006, 17:01
Heehee...."You spelled "the" wrong. It is not teh....3 day ban!"

Uhh...huh? i never said "the" anywhere in that post...

JKKDARK
September 10th, 2006, 17:05
Thnaks The Hombrew Hunter :D You are amazing!

The Hombrew Hunter
September 10th, 2006, 18:54
THH- The Hombrew Hunter.

Haha.

Yes, I am amazing. Fear my amazingness.

cloud_952
September 10th, 2006, 19:17
I could see this as helpful to people. But I still don't see a translation patch coming, especially with how little time between now and the release of the game. Partial translations are good, but they take an insane amount of work with minimal payoff. ^_^; Something like this, though, works throughout the whole game.

I suggest everyone just go learn hiragana and katakana. It's actually not that hard of an undertaking, and at the very least it'll make RPGs easier to play so you can find menus and some item names (most weapons and magic spells, for example, are written in katakana, so you can understand what they are without even knowing Japanese).

o_o Or you could just learn Japanese. Sure, it takes a few years, and you're more likely to die of a heart attack.. but hey, isn't it worth it?

The Hombrew Hunter
September 10th, 2006, 20:16
No, actually, the translation pays off. You buy WHAT YOU WANT.

metroplex2k7
September 11th, 2006, 03:07
double h, after you patch it do you run it straightup with max ovrld, or do you still patch it with max overld first.

demondude777
September 11th, 2006, 06:13
Uhh...huh? i never said "the" anywhere in that post...
Explaining it will ruin the comment...but I was referring to THH as the mod speaking...I guess IIshould have explained it better.

cloud_952
September 11th, 2006, 06:55
Okay.. you buy what you want, and then you talk to a villager and.. BAM. =D What's she saying? no clue. Walk around until you run across a mountain or something.

I'm not arguing that it isn't helpful. I'm saying that a partial game text translation would be kinda pointless because you can only talk to, say, all the people in the first village, then you play the rest of the 40 hours of the game in Japanese. Menu translations are, I'm sure, helpful to people.

The Hombrew Hunter
September 11th, 2006, 12:21
Eh, there's a hardcopy translation. I cool wit it.