PDA

View Full Version : I won us another convert brethren

jwilds73
September 9th, 2006, 06:54
Well I am really happy to report I won us a new convert to PSP Homebrew, My Supervisor/Safety Trainer. She is a really nice lady and a real geek :p When I first got hired (almost 2 years ago) at my job I went through training classes with her. I had brought my PDA to class so as to have something to do on breaks. Of course holding the PDA in my jeans front pocket wasn't comfortable so I set it on the desk instead. Of course once it was time for break she quickly asked me what PDA I had and since then we occasionally chat about gadgets and such. I when I got my PSP I would always bring my PSP in when ever I got some new emulator on it or games/applications I wanted to show off.

Just recently she got a PSP. Which was a really fun experience. She found one online and I had alway's told her what she had to look for etc before buying one. So she got all the info from the guy (which was some total flakey kid) and drug me out after work one night to the south side of town to go check it out to make sure it was what she needed. It ended up being a 2.0 PSP with one game and a movie which she got for $170.00 US. I loaned her my USB cable/charger till she could buy one and then the following week went to her house and downgraded it and installed a bunch of emulators and a few homebrew games.

Anyway's she has totally different tastes then me in games but I set her up as best I could with some games I knew she would enjoy. She was really happy to get Polygon (Bejeweled clone) which I ended up having to walk her through installing on the phone one evening. This is the third person I work with I've helped get setup with a PSP, specifically a homebrew enabled PSP. It's just alway's fun to share something you enjoy so much with others.

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 07:59
Good job bro.

BrooksyX
September 9th, 2006, 08:07
Congrats, I always have to show my friends how to do that kind of stuff because they are much psp stupid.

NoQuarter
September 9th, 2006, 09:10
Yeah, alot of people want you to do everything for them.I made my friends do it themselves while I watched and corrected any mistakes they couldn't handle.
The worst was talking one friend through his psp purchase over the phone while he was in the game store,had to make sure he didn't get a ta-082!