PDA

View Full Version : Help with Chinese text not going away

garzagls
January 17th, 2011, 21:52
I bought a DS lite from a guy that already had the r4 card with software and a couple games loaded on it but it was all in Chinese text. I figured out how to get to the game files folder and run the games because those were in English but Ive always wanted to format it and start over from scratch with the English version. So i decided to give that a try today and I am running into one screen that wont go away. The file I downloaded copied to my micro SD card is English-1.18. I formated my SD card first then copied the 2 folders and 2 files to my micro SD card. When I boot my DS it goes into the r4 revolution start up screen as usual but there is a Chinese "alert" type screen coming up at the bottom that has 3 !!! above it and I cannot click or touch anything to get passed it. I tried to draw the Chinese figures and translate it online but didnt get very far. I went into the DS settings without my r4 card in and made sure its set to English and it is. I dont know how this Chinese stuff is still on the r4 card since I have formated the micro SD card. Is there some way the R4 card I have was made as a Chinese one that I cannot change? I have checked some threads and am 99% sure I have an original r4 card and not a clone from the pics Ive seen. I did read about the frozen loading screen that sometimes happens but I dont think that is this problem as I am seeing the r4 revolutions screen its just stuck on this Chinese window saying something I dont know. Any help would be appreciated.
the closet translation I could find for the Chinese symbols is "Just before dawn and Rong piece version"

alukadoo
January 18th, 2011, 06:14
It would very easy to sort out if your R4 is the original one .

First back up the roms on the microSD .
Format the micro SD.
Download the latest Wood R4 firmware here (http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=23605)(Note : The Wood R4 only works on original R4)
Put the roms onto the microSD.
Enjoy .

garzagls
January 18th, 2011, 18:35
Awesome, that worked! Thanks for your help.

alukadoo
January 19th, 2011, 08:03
Glad it helped.