PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu back online on a new server

Martin
February 1st, 2011, 20:40
I'm sure most of you have noticed the downtime that was due to the sites migrating to a new server and it now has a complete new system for news and content. Our old forum software was outdated and not secure. We're now using the latest vBulletin 4 Suite which allows for content, blogs and forums.

We've moved to a new Quad-Core (4x2.8 Ghz) server with 24 GB RAM and 2x1500 GB harddrives in RAID1 which will ensure that the sites load quickly even under high traffic hours.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the new DCEmu, don't hesitate to get back to us with your feedback.

Shrygue
February 1st, 2011, 21:05
Wow, I like those hardware specs - wish my computer had all that!

Martin
February 1st, 2011, 21:08
Yeah me too :p

Hehe well only the best is good enough for DCEmu :D

wraggster
February 1st, 2011, 21:15
will have to make sure you have a donate link at all times on the forum, at least then the cost of the server can be kept down.

Martin
February 1st, 2011, 21:34
Yeah I'll set something up like that again, a donation every now and then surely helps :)

Wally
February 1st, 2011, 22:33
I like the forums now, Not coated with Ads and the theme really suits the site..

You've won me back.. but please cut back on discussion groups.

I say merge all the News Release threads into one, people won't care if they see PSX, PSP, PS2 or PS1 news in one location (Sony.dcemu.co.uk) its better than irrelevant news!

Martin
February 1st, 2011, 22:40
I like the forums now, Not coated with Ads and the theme really suits the site..

You've won me back.. but please cut back on discussion groups.

I say merge all the News Release threads into one, people won't care if they see PSX, PSP, PS2 or PS1 news in one location (Sony.dcemu.co.uk) its better than irrelevant news!

Good to hear :) Yeah I thought it was a fitting style for DCEmu, it's actually a downloaded template but I've made quite a few changes of it. As far as merging the release threads I'll leave that up to wraggy and the others :p